Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 11. Viginti Tres
User Name
Password
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
01-05-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bozzio View Post
Most definitely.
The coolest cars and the brightest colors. Colours.

Why do we use the extra u?
Because it's our favourite/favorite thing to do.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #41
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480
Re: Viginti Tres is actually...

Quote:
Most definitely.
The coolest cars and the brightest colors. Colours.

Why do we use the extra u?
Because it's our favourite/favorite thing to do.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Strewth
01-05-2009, 06:23 PM

It's because you can't decide if you're Brits or not.

Lol Canada.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 456

Lol Canada.
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
01-05-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
You're probably the demographic to blame for inventions like the Lava Lamps and those lights that flicker to the music.
strobe lights fuck with me big time. seriously, i fucking hate them
Old 01-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #43
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
You're probably the demographic to blame for inventions like the Lava Lamps and those lights that flicker to the music.
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
01-05-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewth View Post

Lol Canada.
The Queen is making me waste ink! The energy involved in pressing the extra u. England owes me, bigtime.
*tosses tea on the floor*
Old 01-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #44
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewth View Post

Lol Canada.
The Queen is making me waste ink! The energy involved in pressing the extra u. England owes me, bigtime.
*tosses tea on the floor*
01-05-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingtool View Post
So concurred.
I feel like smashing them. They trigger something.

Stobe lights seem so aggressive.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #45
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingtool View Post
So concurred.

01-05-2009, 06:35 PM

It's America's "English" that's screwed-ish. Keep using your extra U's. It makes your poaste seem classier.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 456

It's America's "English" that's screwed-ish. Keep using your extra U's. It makes your poaste seem classier.
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
01-05-2009, 06:37 PM

Strewth, where exactly is, "Over there"?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #47
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Strewth, where exactly is, "Over there"?
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
01-05-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
So concurred.

they make me extremely lightheaded. not to mention usually i am drunk when around them, therefore dehydrated, which adds to lightheadedness
Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #48
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
So concurred.

they make me extremely lightheaded. not to mention usually i am drunk when around them, therefore dehydrated, which adds to lightheadedness
tryptosaur
01-23-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Well for one, it'd be nice for you to include the interview or at least a link to it, secondly...it's more than obvious that it's a manipulated sound...if you're not going to share the interview the least you could do is say what the fuck the sound was that they manipulated
Maybe I shouldn't have started a whole new thread.
Haven't been here in a while.
Anyone ever inhale nitrous? And you keep recycling it? In and out the balloon?
To me, the sound is familiar.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #49
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Well for one, it'd be nice for you to include the interview or at least a link to it, secondly...it's more than obvious that it's a manipulated sound...if you're not going to share the interview the least you could do is say what the fuck the sound was that they manipulated
Maybe I shouldn't have started a whole new thread.
Haven't been here in a while.
Anyone ever inhale nitrous? And you keep recycling it? In and out the balloon?
To me, the sound is familiar.
lizbiz
10-26-2009, 11:29 AM

Not to get back on topic or anything (I know this is an old thread) but I can't believe after all the talking about snakes that nobody mentioned the kundalini snake. After all the talk about stepping through shadows, the chakras, transmutation, etc. it sounds like Maynard is having difficulty dealing with 2 different changes in his life, the birth of his son and the merging of his conscious and unconscious self. You can plainly see the kundalini snake at the end of the parabola video
Old 10-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #50
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Not to get back on topic or anything (I know this is an old thread) but I can't believe after all the talking about snakes that nobody mentioned the kundalini snake. After all the talk about stepping through shadows, the chakras, transmutation, etc. it sounds like Maynard is having difficulty dealing with 2 different changes in his life, the birth of his son and the merging of his conscious and unconscious self. You can plainly see the kundalini snake at the end of the parabola video
CLUTCH1974's Avatar CLUTCH1974
12-06-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbiz View Post
There's a thread started in the Lateralus Album section, 'Kundalini Awakening and Lateralus' that may be pertinent to your post.
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=116733
Check it out.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #51
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbiz View Post
There's a thread started in the Lateralus Album section, 'Kundalini Awakening and Lateralus' that may be pertinent to your post.
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=116733
Check it out.
12-06-2009, 10:29 AM

"I'm come to believe that this track is supposed to be... whatever you want it to be."
Way to state the idea that the entire forums is supposed to uphold. Really. That statement applies to all of Tool's songs.
Fail.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #52
Level 3 - Talker

"I'm come to believe that this track is supposed to be... whatever you want it to be."
Way to state the idea that the entire forums is supposed to uphold. Really. That statement applies to all of Tool's songs.
Fail.
Santa's_Little_Helper
03-15-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORNING_GLORY View Post
I'm come to believe that this track is supposed to be... whatever you want it to be.

Lets look at what we know about "Viginti Tres".

The entire track consists of incoherent static and noise, with the one ominous voice somewhere in the middle. Theres really no measure or definite rhythm, nothing to compare it with, no obvious references...

...which is the whole point.

23 is the universal number of synchronicities or coincidences (as we all know), and can be correlated to anything you try to reference it to. Somewhere along the way, you'll find something that this track reminds you of, some sort of connection, which is exactly why they named it 23 or "viginti tres".

When you look at a Rorschach ink blot, you see whatever is on your mind, whether its conscious or unconscious. Tools medium is through music, and this track is their audio ink blot. The title just tells you what its purpose is.

The actual sounds have no connection with the number 23 (unless you find one!), they just give us random sounds, we hear what we want to hear, and it all makes sense to us in the same way the number 23 makes sense with the rest of the world. Its there if we see it there, and it doesnt exist to us until we pay attention to it.

So, all in all, this track allows you to reflect on your own mind, and see what you're most interested in, or what you want tool to be interested in, or whatever your intentions are, I guess the deciphering part is up to you.

So there is no puzzle with a definite answer, the puzzle is your own (un)consciousness, deal with it, tool doesnt have buried treasure with signed guitars and used kleenex that youll find by deciphering the code.

Sorry if this has been said before, I'm sure someone has, but I swear I haven't seen it.

Sorry if this is general knowledge, I'm just now figuring it out on my own.

I feel that by posting this I will have defeated the whole purpose of the "song", but the whole puzzle thing has gotten way too many people off track.... its like people are expecting tool to have some amazing answer, and tool is trying to tell us to find the answers on our own.

I am new to this site, but fully expect Maynard to read this and to get a hold of me because I have a question to ask him personally. Viginti Tres is the song, this forum is my vessel, The System is going to be replaced but it is my question that first needs a response. Maynard we will cross paths in our lives and this is the seed I am planting, whether I hear back from you through this site, or you find me, or you call me on my cell or home phone. This seed I will nurtured because its fruit will be harvested when the fruit is ready! The System Will Be Replaced! I am Santa's Little Helper and you can find me at his side, look for him to appear at places and times not accustomed to his usual presence. We are in Canada, we are going to the USA, We will bring Gifts to those who need it the most right now! Maynard has power and knowledge, I have knowledge, soon I will have power.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I'm come to believe that this track is supposed to be... whatever you want it to be.

The entire track consists of incoherent static and noise, with the one ominous voice somewhere in the middle. Theres really no measure or definite rhythm, nothing to compare it with, no obvious references...

23 is the universal number of synchronicities or coincidences (as we all know), and can be correlated to anything you try to reference it to. Somewhere along the way, you'll find something that this track reminds you of, some sort of connection, which is exactly why they named it 23 or "viginti tres".

When you look at a Rorschach ink blot, you see whatever is on your mind, whether its conscious or unconscious. Tools medium is through music, and this track is their audio ink blot. The title just tells you what its purpose is.

The actual sounds have no connection with the number 23 (unless you find one!), they just give us random sounds, we hear what we want to hear, and it all makes sense to us in the same way the number 23 makes sense with the rest of the world. Its there if we see it there, and it doesnt exist to us until we pay attention to it.

So, all in all, this track allows you to reflect on your own mind, and see what you're most interested in, or what you want tool to be interested in, or whatever your intentions are, I guess the deciphering part is up to you.

So there is no puzzle with a definite answer, the puzzle is your own (un)consciousness, deal with it, tool doesnt have buried treasure with signed guitars and used kleenex that youll find by deciphering the code.

Sorry if this has been said before, I'm sure someone has, but I swear I haven't seen it.

I feel that by posting this I will have defeated the whole purpose of the "song", but the whole puzzle thing has gotten way too many people off track.... its like people are expecting tool to have some amazing answer, and tool is trying to tell us to find the answers on our own.

I am new to this site, but fully expect Maynard to read this and to get a hold of me because I have a question to ask him personally. Viginti Tres is the song, this forum is my vessel, The System is going to be replaced but it is my question that first needs a response. Maynard we will cross paths in our lives and this is the seed I am planting, whether I hear back from you through this site, or you find me, or you call me on my cell or home phone. This seed I will nurtured because its fruit will be harvested when the fruit is ready! The System Will Be Replaced! I am Santa's Little Helper and you can find me at his side, look for him to appear at places and times not accustomed to his usual presence. We are in Canada, we are going to the USA, We will bring Gifts to those who need it the most right now! Maynard has power and knowledge, I have knowledge, soon I will have power.
metalruleson
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM

alrighty then, take it as you will, tool already said it, there is not a code or mystery in all of their songs! are you seriously that fuct up?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #54
Level 1 - Lurker

alrighty then, take it as you will, tool already said it, there is not a code or mystery in all of their songs! are you seriously that fuct up?
Toxicollar
04-16-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterodox View Post
Personally I think it's a rather un-climatic ending after such a long run of melo songs (Lipan Conjuring -chanting; Lost keys - talking; Rosetta Stoned - more talking; Intension - super melo and not exciting; Right in Two - finally a good song to sing along to; then meaningless noise).
But, isn't that the way life is? We all aspire to do/be some thing, but whether we achieve these goals or not and despite how magical the journey may have been we all fade away.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterodox View Post
Personally I think it's a rather un-climatic ending after such a long run of melo songs (Lipan Conjuring -chanting; Lost keys - talking; Rosetta Stoned - more talking; Intension - super melo and not exciting; Right in Two - finally a good song to sing along to; then meaningless noise).
But, isn't that the way life is? We all aspire to do/be some thing, but whether we achieve these goals or not and despite how magical the journey may have been we all fade away.
-Subwise-
12-09-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:

Is it possible that this fits with Rosetta Stoned. That this is the piece that we won't figure out?

Maybe on the next album, when they travel through time.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #56

Quote:

Is it possible that this fits with Rosetta Stoned. That this is the piece that we won't figure out?

Maybe on the next album, when they travel through time.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply