Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 11. Viginti Tres
User Name
Password
deftoolsys07
05-13-2006, 09:23 PM

sped it up, raised the pitch and....................

fransisco.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #121
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: What're the lyrics at the end?

sped it up, raised the pitch and....................

fransisco.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
deftoolsys07
05-13-2006, 09:27 PM

Old 05-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #122
Level 3 - Talker

desertone
05-13-2006, 10:21 PM

Based on the threads for "the system's down" as the hidden words, I did some more sampling. Try as i might, I could only get it to sound remotely like "the system is down" if it was sped up to almost chipmonk sounding speed and then reducing the pitch. It was also evident that the word "down" isn't at all clear - there is no enunciation.

However, when speeding up the tempo just enough to make the low pitched drawn out sound have the pitch of normal speech, it sounds clear to me as "Francisco". It took a lot of altering to barely sound like "the system's down", but only a few people know for sure if there is anything there - and they aren't talking yet. I suggest we hit Blair up for some feedback. I would think we might get a response, especially with Danny's apparent interests in obscure art, etc.

In the mean time, check out the other threads related to the work "Francisco" and the artistic tie in to "Francisco de Goya" with depictions of man's inhumanity to man and Saturn (remember Lateralis). The tie in seems to have a lot of substance to it especially with the focus of Right in Two.

Good thoughts everyone!
Old 05-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #123
Level 3 - Talker

Not "system" -- see the thread on Francisco and thematic tie ins

Based on the threads for "the system's down" as the hidden words, I did some more sampling. Try as i might, I could only get it to sound remotely like "the system is down" if it was sped up to almost chipmonk sounding speed and then reducing the pitch. It was also evident that the word "down" isn't at all clear - there is no enunciation.

However, when speeding up the tempo just enough to make the low pitched drawn out sound have the pitch of normal speech, it sounds clear to me as "Francisco". It took a lot of altering to barely sound like "the system's down", but only a few people know for sure if there is anything there - and they aren't talking yet. I suggest we hit Blair up for some feedback. I would think we might get a response, especially with Danny's apparent interests in obscure art, etc.

In the mean time, check out the other threads related to the work "Francisco" and the artistic tie in to "Francisco de Goya" with depictions of man's inhumanity to man and Saturn (remember Lateralis). The tie in seems to have a lot of substance to it especially with the focus of Right in Two.

Good thoughts everyone!
whitewater's Avatar whitewater
05-14-2006, 04:20 AM

Actually, it's probably more likely that the word is 'Francesca'. The latin meaning of this name being 'free'.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince With a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you they will kill you. But first, they must catch you - digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:20 AM   #124
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1001

Actually, it's probably more likely that the word is 'Francesca'. The latin meaning of this name being 'free'.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince With a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you they will kill you. But first, they must catch you - digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.
PriceisRight's Avatar PriceisRight
05-14-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater
well...I've heard different interpritations that this CD is all about his mom somehow.

If it said something that meant free at the end...then it would fit her death allowing her to be free.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #125

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater
well...I've heard different interpritations that this CD is all about his mom somehow.

If it said something that meant free at the end...then it would fit her death allowing her to be free.
05-15-2006, 03:05 AM

Yeah, I heard something about the sounds on this track are the sounds a fetus hears when in utero. Could be a birth and the fetus is being freed. Ties in with the fetus in skulls pic. In any case, francisco makes no sense and almost certainly has zero connection to anything on this cd.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:05 AM   #126

Bincount™: 1001

Yeah, I heard something about the sounds on this track are the sounds a fetus hears when in utero. Could be a birth and the fetus is being freed. Ties in with the fetus in skulls pic. In any case, francisco makes no sense and almost certainly has zero connection to anything on this cd.
Pokeylop
08-25-2011, 07:26 AM

Guys, I've seen a lot of sites saying these are the lyrics (translated from Latin), but I don't hear these anywhere! Anybody find this in virginti tres? This link show's the full site and original Latin:

http://www.lyricinterpretations.com/tool/Viginti-Tres
Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #127
Level 1 - Lurker

Guys, I've seen a lot of sites saying these are the lyrics (translated from Latin), but I don't hear these anywhere! Anybody find this in virginti tres? This link show's the full site and original Latin:

http://www.lyricinterpretations.com/tool/Viginti-Tres
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
09-01-2011, 11:27 AM

No no no.....you've all got it wrong!

Viginti Tres is simply Tool finally solving the riddle of how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.....FOOLS
Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #128
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

No no no.....you've all got it wrong!

Viginti Tres is simply Tool finally solving the riddle of how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.....FOOLS
10-08-2011, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
2/3 is closer to 0.667 than 0.666 :P
Really? Cuz I always thought it was .6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666....

Plus "the mark of the beast" in Greek can also be rendered numerically as "666" so, you know, someone fucked up somewhere, back when you had to write everything with a feather by candlelight...

OH well..
Old 10-08-2011, 01:26 AM   #129
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
2/3 is closer to 0.667 than 0.666 :P
Really? Cuz I always thought it was .6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666....

Plus "the mark of the beast" in Greek can also be rendered numerically as "666" so, you know, someone fucked up somewhere, back when you had to write everything with a feather by candlelight...

OH well..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply