opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate
User Name
Password
Old 06-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
1991 Demo tape 72826

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum...I saw Tool perform in April 1992 opening for rollins band at CBGB NYC. I also saw them later that same week at a small club in Newark NJ called the Pipeline. That week I purchased the demo tape, which I still own. I have received a few offers lately and have passed on them because from what I understand this demo is somewhat rare. Does anyone have any insight as far a fair value for this demo? Its in very good shape, both the cassette and the insert. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...J-
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323
Re: 1991 Demo tape 72826

seeing as there are only up to 200 original copies of 72826, i'd say the fair market price is what someone is willing to pay for it.

there's 2 for sale on amazon atm. 1 new for $999 and one used for $499.

Last edited by lotus.; 06-03-2013 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: satan
Old 06-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

It's worth nothing that there's quite a few of these that have appeared on Ebay lately that some feel are of pretty dubious origin. I think the quotes lotus gives for prices are about right for the real thing.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Wow, thanks for the speedy replies. Yes, I've seen the one on Amazon, I think $999 is unbelievable. As far as authenticity, I guess that's tricky when buying something like a tape. One guy that was put in touch with me about it wanted to know how I could prove it was real, and I told him that I guess I can't. I bought the thing at a show when i was 18 yrs old, just like I bought all the other demos, t-shirts and records and cd's from the many shows I attended back then. I had never even heard of Tool when I went to CB's. I was there to see Rollins. Needless to say I was blown away by Tool, and went to see them every time they came through NY area from 92 through probably 96. My tape is real, I bought it & have had it ever since. I will probably hang on to it unless the right situation presents itself...Thanks again for the feedback.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: