opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 07-28-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3
don't like this video

I really enjoy the atmosphere of most of the early tool videos, but stinkfist, parabola, and aenima really don't do it for me. Stinkfist seems far too random to me, but maybe i just don't get it. The main problem that i have with the parabola video is how cold it is. The song is so warm and emotional, and the video didn't seem to embody these feelings. Because their music and lyrical content isn't all the same, i don't think their videos should be. this is a generalization, i know, but all their videos seem to have a very similar atmosphere, and the somewhat grotesque imagery and claymation has a limited range of feelings that it can convey.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: don't like this video

well, i love this video...personally i like that "cold" style of videos. stinkfist is my favorite, then schism then parabola. Stinkfist, to me, is the best edited one, the music just goes so well with what's on screen...

and when you think of this video the way jello biafra describes it to you (meeting with label execs, etc), it kind of takes on another funny meaning which i enjoy.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14

the video is well done and touches me but it is certainly nothing close to how i visualize parabol and parabola.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spirit of Radio
the video is well done and touches me but it is certainly nothing close to how i visualize parabol and parabola.
exactly how i feel. I listened to those songs/ that song(?) a million times before ever seeing the video, so my original visuals stay in place, same with aenima and stinkfist. however, i saw the videos for sober and prison sex long before i knew what tool was, so those types of images always come to mind when i listen to those two songs. Damn my limited creativity!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14

but the video for sober matched the song so well. i don't get this video really. i mean i can understand some of the images but i don't see how they relate to the meaning of the song. i always see the body in parabol as the one-my own body holding me.

the first verse of parabola is the two-the other body holding me-lover or child, the third verse is the body of the community holding me and the rest is the joy of knowing we all are in it together.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: