Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.08.2012 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnet Arena

YOB
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Grubby(Klutts)'s Avatar Grubby(Klutts)
02-11-2012, 08:05 PM

My first tool show.WOW!by far the best concert I ever witnessed.I was so blowd away.
Can't wait till next time.peace out tool heads
Old 02-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

My first tool show.WOW!by far the best concert I ever witnessed.I was so blowd away.
Can't wait till next time.peace out tool heads
Lateralus48
02-13-2012, 04:04 PM

3rd Tool Concert. For me, Tool sounded better than they have ever sounded. The seats were really close stage right, above Maynard's side. His voice sounded great-as well as his spirits-maybe it was the wine! :)
I didn't care for the opening band. They sold margarita's at the venue which I liked. After the opening band was done I expected a long wait but Hooker with Penis came on and the audience was out of their seats with excitement. 46 & 2 and Lateralus were my favorites. The lasers going out into the sold-out arena over everyone along with the music was surreal. Like other Tool concerts this was surely an event never to be forgotten.
I went with someone not even very familiar with Tool. After the concert he felt it did live up to the high praise I had given it and said he was impressed. He said he didn't care for Lateralus though-the horror!!

I left feeling cleansed, purged, and inspired :)
Old 02-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #44
Level 2 - Poster

3rd Tool Concert. For me, Tool sounded better than they have ever sounded. The seats were really close stage right, above Maynard's side. His voice sounded great-as well as his spirits-maybe it was the wine! :)
I didn't care for the opening band. They sold margarita's at the venue which I liked. After the opening band was done I expected a long wait but Hooker with Penis came on and the audience was out of their seats with excitement. 46 & 2 and Lateralus were my favorites. The lasers going out into the sold-out arena over everyone along with the music was surreal. Like other Tool concerts this was surely an event never to be forgotten.
I went with someone not even very familiar with Tool. After the concert he felt it did live up to the high praise I had given it and said he was impressed. He said he didn't care for Lateralus though-the horror!!

I left feeling cleansed, purged, and inspired :)
twenty3
02-13-2012, 04:44 PM

I was a little let down when they didn't play Riverchrist.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

I was a little let down when they didn't play Riverchrist.
Diggystillbee
02-13-2012, 08:40 PM

Great show! Epic performance, the sound was great! It was my 4th time. Not the best but close. Tallahasse on the Latterallus tour- opened w Cold and ugly a lot longer set list. Not taking anywhay from what I seen. But I am and I think every one else are ready 4 more! From the sound of things Adam & Danny are ready 4 Maynard to throw down some vocals and complete another amazing albulm! And of course Justin! Spiral out!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show! Epic performance, the sound was great! It was my 4th time. Not the best but close. Tallahasse on the Latterallus tour- opened w Cold and ugly a lot longer set list. Not taking anywhay from what I seen. But I am and I think every one else are ready 4 more! From the sound of things Adam & Danny are ready 4 Maynard to throw down some vocals and complete another amazing albulm! And of course Justin! Spiral out!
brosenberg3
02-16-2012, 03:43 PM

how much were the autographed posters at this show?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #47
Level 1 - Lurker

how much were the autographed posters at this show?
Runner701's Avatar Runner701
02-18-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistTOOL View Post
a short story: You may not believe me, but my friend and I saw Maynard before the show in Duluth. He was right there, amongst us mere mortals, walking through the crowd, dressed as a police officer. He was walking briskly and talking on the phone. But it was him. As he walked by, I said to my friend, "That cop looks like Maynard." My friend, who has followed TOOL for as long as I have (15 years) agreed and asked, "Are you sure that's not him?" I replied that it wasn't, "It just looks like him." This occurred about 20 minutes before TOOL took the stage. When Maynard emerged on stage, it was clear that he had a night stick on his hip and it became clear that he was dressed as an police officer. He had removed the more formal officer vest that he had on in the lobby (he had on a shirt that read "Postal" during the concert) but the rest of the uniform was in tact. Before I could say anything, my friend punched me on the arm and accused me of ruining our opportunity to meet one of our personal, musical heros. I don't know what I would have said to him. I'm not sure if he would have given us the time of day, but I missed the chance to find out because I doubted my (and my friend's) intuition. The most that I can say is that I made eye contact with Maynard, but I can say no more. And, yes...I do have a man crush on Maynard.

By the way, the concert was amazing. Best of the four I've been to in the past 6 years. I hope when Maynard said "Fuck you, last concert" he wasn't making a more significant statement about the band's future or lack thereof. I hope we get to see another album and at least one more round of touring. Take care.
Cool story. I believe you. Though, it might be for the best that you didn't try to talk to Maynard as he is not known to be very fan friendly. He may have been pretending to talk on the phone to avoid conversation...

I friend of mine tried to talk to him once - didn't go very well and it tainted my friend's perception of the band. Very unfortunate.

Maynard is extremely introverted and doesn't possess the typical social qualities of a "front man" rock star. From my own perspective, I am very accepting of his personality characteristics. This doesnt make him a bad guy - it's just the way he is.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistTOOL View Post
a short story: You may not believe me, but my friend and I saw Maynard before the show in Duluth. He was right there, amongst us mere mortals, walking through the crowd, dressed as a police officer. He was walking briskly and talking on the phone. But it was him. As he walked by, I said to my friend, "That cop looks like Maynard." My friend, who has followed TOOL for as long as I have (15 years) agreed and asked, "Are you sure that's not him?" I replied that it wasn't, "It just looks like him." This occurred about 20 minutes before TOOL took the stage. When Maynard emerged on stage, it was clear that he had a night stick on his hip and it became clear that he was dressed as an police officer. He had removed the more formal officer vest that he had on in the lobby (he had on a shirt that read "Postal" during the concert) but the rest of the uniform was in tact. Before I could say anything, my friend punched me on the arm and accused me of ruining our opportunity to meet one of our personal, musical heros. I don't know what I would have said to him. I'm not sure if he would have given us the time of day, but I missed the chance to find out because I doubted my (and my friend's) intuition. The most that I can say is that I made eye contact with Maynard, but I can say no more. And, yes...I do have a man crush on Maynard.

By the way, the concert was amazing. Best of the four I've been to in the past 6 years. I hope when Maynard said "Fuck you, last concert" he wasn't making a more significant statement about the band's future or lack thereof. I hope we get to see another album and at least one more round of touring. Take care.
Cool story. I believe you. Though, it might be for the best that you didn't try to talk to Maynard as he is not known to be very fan friendly. He may have been pretending to talk on the phone to avoid conversation...

I friend of mine tried to talk to him once - didn't go very well and it tainted my friend's perception of the band. Very unfortunate.

Maynard is extremely introverted and doesn't possess the typical social qualities of a "front man" rock star. From my own perspective, I am very accepting of his personality characteristics. This doesnt make him a bad guy - it's just the way he is.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply