opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival » 3. Pushit
User Name
Password
Old 07-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #81
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198
Re: So many meanings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1DA View Post
The deal with "Aenima" is, it is a play on 2 words, "enema," which your probably familiar, and "anima," which is a feministic part of the unconscious, true inner self of a man as opposed to the persona/ego/part of self that is projected to others. This has strong ties to the "shadow" spoken about in 46&2.
Yeah, I'm familiar with all this. It's kind of like the way Keenan established his more aggressive style with tool, then flipped it to a more "sensitive" vibe with apc. I was mainly referring to the overanalysis that I think goes on 'round here every now and then.

Quote:
As far as the eulogy quote, I only referenced another Tool fan because I know he seems to take offense to people quoting one tool song in reference to another. In that song I believe he is speaking about the ego as well, referring to it as "he" since the Anima is feminine in nature. Having "a lot to say" or speaking in general is a characteristic of the left brain, or male dominated hemisphere.
I gotcha. No worries..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #82
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Edit for Inner_Eulogy: also on the "throat" reference... He had a lot of nothin to say
Huh?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #83
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingtool View Post
i like your infant interpretation.

i could see where this could fit into the album. the 'infant' is referred to many places both directly and indirectly. the way i see it is; the 'infant' crying in cesaro summability, is like an ignorant, asshole, an "infant". this "infant" is crying and bitching, the way a grown asshole worries about stupid shit, like referred to in aenema.

the end turns into something like a power surge, moving into aenima, sort of like "armageddon is here, duude". aenima then adresses these smiley gladhands, hip-gangster wannabees, "infants."

(-) Ions is like the storm itself and its aftermath. the 'tidal wave' has come and wiped everything away.
I must say that I disagree entirely with these statements. How is an infant crying in any way an ignorant asshole? A baby is innocent and free from sin, a baby knows nothing and starts from scratch. They have no means to express themselves other than to cry or smile (and even that takes several months before they can smile). A "grown asshole" complaining and worrying about stupid shit is entirely different from the reasoning of a baby crying.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #84
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Huh?
my post really had nothing to do with you other than to try and get a rise. I was talking about songs, using other songs, see a few posts up.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #85
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
I must say that I disagree entirely with these statements. How is an infant crying in any way an ignorant asshole? A baby is innocent and free from sin, a baby knows nothing and starts from scratch. They have no means to express themselves other than to cry or smile (and even that takes several months before they can smile). A "grown asshole" complaining and worrying about stupid shit is entirely different from the reasoning of a baby crying.
my bad innerdude, sorry to dissapoint you. agree to disagree
Old 07-02-2008, 05:08 AM   #86
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
my post really had nothing to do with you other than to try and get a rise. I was talking about songs, using other songs, see a few posts up.
Ah, oh well....it's a little harder to get a rise out of me these days. Whatever floats ya' boat though.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:10 AM   #87
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
my bad innerdude, sorry to dissapoint you. agree to disagree
It's completely fine, but if you're still in disagreement then please share your thoughts. Or perhaps if I misunderstood what you were trying to say then please reiterate.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivek View Post
I've read various reports of people who use both hemispheres equally.
That's pretty inspiring, but to me, the notion that over a person's life they use one hemisphere precisely as much as the other is a millon to one chance. I'd love to see the research...
Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #89
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
That's pretty inspiring, but to me, the notion that over a person's life they use one hemisphere precisely as much as the other is a millon to one chance. I'd love to see the research...
There is no normal person that doesn't use both sides of their brain. Anybody that says males only use one side and females the other is a moron and should go learn a bit about the anatomy of the human brain and what each part's function is.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #90
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Exactly.

Besides, in this case, "equally" can be interpreted with a decent margin for error. 53/47, if such a thing could even be measured with such precision, can be written off as basically equal since the favor of one side is not much greater than the other.
Agreed, granted it may be true that women may use certain areas of the brain moreso than guys and vice versa giving their differently wired naturally but no such thing as one side or the other.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #91
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:
A baby is ignorant to the world around it. Hearing the baby cry in cesaro summability, is perhaps metaphorical to the way the ignorant people, as described in Ainima, bitch and moan about essentially, meaningless shit. Fucking cry baby...
Old 07-07-2008, 05:01 AM   #92
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
A baby is ignorant to the world around it. Hearing the baby cry in cesaro summability, is perhaps metaphorical to the way the ignorant people, as described in Ainima, bitch and moan about essentially, meaningless shit. Fucking cry baby...
I don't think that's what it meant. I think it was more of a sign of birth or being reborn. Similar to how the whole album concept was to flush away the old and in with the new.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #93

Quote:
There is no normal person that doesn't use both sides of their brain. Anybody that says males only use one side and females the other is a moron and should go learn a bit about the anatomy of the human brain and what each part's function is.
Why did you quote me on this post? Your post has nothing to do with mine...

Quote:
Exactly.

Besides, in this case, "equally" can be interpreted with a decent margin for error. 53/47, if such a thing could even be measured with such precision, can be written off as basically equal since the favor of one side is not much greater than the other.
basically equal, your right. But not equal. It appears that you wish to conflict with me rather than work together towards a common goal. This is a disturbing trend on this forum. People love to argue over trivial matters that generally don't affect the big picture.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:02 AM   #94
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Why did you quote me on this post? Your post has nothing to do with mine...
Originally Posted by K1DA

Let's try rereading your post now here for just a sec...hmm, yes, reference to someone using only one hemisphere....I'm trying really hard to find a connection as to why I quoted alongside your post but I just can't figure it out, brain hurts, there's gotta be a clue....

Seriously?!

Anyhow, I wasn't calling you out. I just made the response to your post because you mentioned something along those lines.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1DA

Let's try rereading your post now here for just a sec...hmm, yes, reference to someone using only one hemisphere....I'm trying really hard to find a connection as to why I quoted alongside your post but I just can't figure it out, brain hurts, there's gotta be a clue....

Seriously?!

Anyhow, I wasn't calling you out. I just made the response to your post because you mentioned something along those lines.
I never, in this thread or in the past like 8 year, have said anything about someone using ONLY one hemisphere of his/her brain. In that post I said someone using both hemispheres precisely an equal amount seems like a really long shot, not as long as someone using ONLY 1 side though.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #96
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I never, in this thread or in the past like 8 year, have said anything about someone using ONLY one hemisphere of his/her brain. In that post I said someone using both hemispheres precisely an equal amount seems like a really long shot, not as long as someone using ONLY 1 side though.
You still just don't get it do you?

I never once said that that IS what you said. All I said was that you had made a reference to the brain's hemispheres in general which in turn made me stop and think about the convo that was going on regarding one-sided (left/right) thinking and so I simply responded to your post which it was referenced in.

I just told you a minute ago that I wasn't calling you out (which I normally would and made you feel stupid) but you're really giving me ammo here with that thick skull.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #97

lol wow. somebody doesn't get it, for sure.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #98
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
lol wow. somebody doesn't get it, for sure.
*sigh* Yes, K1DA...we've already established that. Now you're starting to sound like a 3yr old that repeats everything he hears.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #99

Quote:
I just don't like your exclusionary language. You say that there is no human being ever who has ever used both hemispheres equally, and I say that the possibility of such is too great to rule out. I'll argue with anyone who takes a black and white stance on an issue in a world with shades of grey.
I said that in one of my first posts because I thought that to be true, that it is impossible to be a 100% perfect lateral thinker. I now know that is not fact and I realize that there is a very good possibility that it has happened, but I've never heard of a documented case.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #100

Quote:
*sigh* Yes, K1DA...we've already established that. Now you're starting to sound like a 3yr old that repeats everything he hears.
you have 3000+ posts on this message board. IMO you have a few other things to catch on to besides this thread.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:00 AM   #101
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
you have 3000+ posts on this message board. IMO you have a few other things to catch on to besides this thread.
So fucking what. And it doesn't mean shit. I've been a member since 2003. Rivek's been here for less than a year and has more posts then me, so what's your fucking point dipshit.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:27 AM   #102

Bincount™: 58

Quote:
So fucking what. And it doesn't mean shit. I've been a member since 2003. Rivek's been here for less than a year and has more posts then me, so what's your fucking point dipshit.
burn... just thought i'd chime in :)
Old 07-10-2008, 05:49 AM   #103
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 94

Quote:
Judging by posts obviously marks that some people can't even use a half of their brains.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 AM   #104
Level 12 - Scurrilous

No kiddin. I'm a Tool fan, have been for many years, I enjoy posting on here when time allows, I've talked to many people on here for years...most of which have either not been around for a long time anymore or have moved to the interact sections. Nonetheless, I AM 30yrs old, I DO have a wonderful son and I DID share the fact that I was happy to have gotten laid over the weekend considering I've been single for a while now. I DON'T give 2 shits what some fucking lame ass 20yr pimple faced clown thinks about me. Kinda' funny how he called me out for sharing the fact that I got laid and then immediately turned around and boasted how he he was a college athelete with a pretty girlfriend....HAHA fucking hypocrite loser. I took martial arts for nearly 10yrs in different disciplines and I'd love to show you how much your college athletics mean to me....sissy
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #105
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
...or have moved to the interact sections.
Interact is fairly strange. ^^
Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 AM   #106

Quote:
No kiddin. I'm a Tool fan, have been for many years, I enjoy posting on here when time allows, I've talked to many people on here for years...most of which have either not been around for a long time anymore or have moved to the interact sections. Nonetheless, I AM 30yrs old, I DO have a wonderful son and I DID share the fact that I was happy to have gotten laid over the weekend considering I've been single for a while now. I DON'T give 2 shits what some fucking lame ass 20yr pimple faced clown thinks about me. Kinda' funny how he called me out for sharing the fact that I got laid and then immediately turned around and boasted how he he was a college athelete with a pretty girlfriend....HAHA fucking hypocrite loser. I took martial arts for nearly 10yrs in different disciplines and I'd love to show you how much your college athletics mean to me....sissy
once again... BUUUUUUUUUURN... sissy...
Old 07-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #107
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxs View Post
Interact is fairly strange. ^^
I much prefer these boards. My boys, Inner, Rivek, Esurient and you use these forums which means they are far greater than Interact. I've made a few interact posts, but don't care much for most of the users there.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #108
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

For some reason I don't really like the vibe Interact gives off. It's too restricted.
Dan prowls there all the time. Even if his posts aren't much better than ours.

Especially with the kinky---yes, kinky---backgrounds that don the area, I don't go there much.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #109

Quote:
For some reason I don't really like the vibe Interact gives off. It's too restricted.
Dan prowls there all the time. Even if his posts aren't much better than ours.

Especially with the kinky---yes, kinky---backgrounds that don the area, I don't go there much.
i either don't know how or am unable to go there...
Old 07-10-2008, 07:03 AM   #110
Level 10 - Vehement

You're not missing much. It's just either talking about drugs, penis's, fecal matter or seemingly inside jokes.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #111
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_bergeron View Post
i either don't know how or am unable to go there...
You've probably had access to it for a fucking long while, it's just that you didn't know it.
That's how it went for me.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #112
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post
You're not missing much. It's just either talking about drugs, penis's, fecal matter or seemingly inside jokes.
And the new one, the Bruce Lee section.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:06 AM   #113

Quote:
You've probably had access to it for a fucking long while, it's just that you didn't know it.
That's how it went for me.
well how do you get to it?!?!?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #114
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Go on the home page, and look for the Interact section.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #115
Level 10 - Vehement

I just hit new posts one day and say all these bullshit forums. Now I have to scroll through pages of "new posts" to find the threads I actually want to reply to. I wish they took away my interact privileges.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:13 AM   #116
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Hey, that's what I did.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #117

Quote:
Go on the home page, and look for the Interact section.
thanks...
Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #118
Level 10 - Vehement

Old 07-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #119
dxs
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_bergeron View Post
thanks...
How'd it go, man?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:32 AM   #120

Quote:
How'd it go, man?
i actually just checked it out... found an interesting thread about 2012, which i'm really interested in... so we'll wait and see how that goes... i'd love to hear everyone's opinion on that subject... i find it extremely fascinating... i'm also interested in the number phi or the golden ratio... that's some crazy shit... and one crazy little anecdote that ties the 2012 thing in with the golden ratio... if you take the number of years from 2012(the end of the mayan long count calendar) and when the mayans long count started you get 5127... about... if you divide that number by phi(1.618) and then look at that number as a year, i.e. 5127/1.618=3168.72... that 3168 number as a year is 1155BC... in that 2012-3168=-1155... very important things in history happen in these years... i don't know any specific things that happened in 1155bc, but if you keep dividing your answer by phi(1.618) a lot of those years are very important in our history... the next one i've calculated is in the beginning of next year... so lets just wait and see what happens...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: