opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 12-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 41
My Life Mandala

A mandala is a visual representation of the will of the human spirit. It is an art form that represents as above, so below from the artists prespective. A microcosm of our own Universe.

I have drawn a few of them in the past year as a means of identifying the true meanings of my actions over the course of my lifetime. The mandala has allowed me to escape the restrictions of linear left brain thought and switch over to the creative/free will of the right brain. The use of colors and shapes eminating from the center allow me to grasp the whole of my life thus far. I am able to see patterns that I never knew existed before.

Here is an example of my first life mandala. The title is "My Legacy":

On the left you see the 7 chakras and the relevant issues associated with each. I chose the icons/symbols that had the most meaning to me. The rings signify the stages of spritual deveopment from birth to age 49 in 7 year stages. It is said in Hindu tradition that the soul must pass throught these stages of development over the individual's incarnation. This progression begins with the root chakra and it's associated issues such as safety, security and tribal association and then continues to the crown chakra.

The remainder of the rings will be completed over the couse of my lifetime.

Hope you enjoy it and feel free to comment!

Merry Christmas everyone! :)
Old 12-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: My Life Mandala

Awesome.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: