opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 03. H.
User Name
Password
Old 07-18-2004, 10:17 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
until i knew what it meant

Until I found out that H. was about Devo, i always thought it was about his Anima.
It is said that Carl Jung had a dream where he was walking with a young girl, supposedly his Anima when he came upon a dwarf, his shadow, that was guarding a gate(the gateway to his collective unconcious). In the dream, Jung and the shadow kill the young girl. So I thought this was about that dream. The blood being his Anima, telling him not to go. And the snake being the shadow, somewhat like the dwarf, telling him he could be like the young girl, dead, in metaphor, as in not entering that last dimension of his psyche. He wants to stay with the young girl, yet he can't have fear and never know what could have been.

Last edited by pushing the envelope; 07-18-2004 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: not done
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:38 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: until i knew what it meant

nice nice nice interpretation or whatever. the cd seems to implement jung as an overtone of the cd, so it fits as far as i can see. what's anima mean? you mean anemia, the disease? otherwise i've never found a meaning to the word.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:10 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

anima is the feminine side of males
"I really can't tell what's happening but it doesn't matter after all sometimes you just have to go with the things that you can't control, No matter how much I want to leave and take the easy way out I just can't seem to consume enough power to pull me through."

Marco Acuna (me)
Old 08-11-2004, 09:07 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Anima or Animus is the soul that dwells within all living things. But it mostly talked about within humans. In some interpretations it is said to be your true self that which all others hide deep down inside. It is a Latin based word which should be no surprise due to the fact that 53.5% of all the words in the english language are Latin based. And as far as your interpretaion goes, it seems too obtuse to me. It seems to bridge far too of a gap with gossimar strands. But if that is what it means to you then who am I to argue that. I just feel that there so much more to this song than that.
Then your mouth
Old 11-23-2004, 09:00 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

good observation
"I really can't tell what's happening but it doesn't matter after all sometimes you just have to go with the things that you can't control, No matter how much I want to leave and take the easy way out I just can't seem to consume enough power to pull me through."

Marco Acuna (me)
Old 12-08-2004, 09:51 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

I still dont know why people think its about Devo. "Until you found out?" You talked to Maynard? Do you have a transcript of this conversation?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: