View Single Post
Old 01-21-2003, 06:03 PM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
You say that "well, if we started out as something simple, where did this simple thing come from?" I think that's kind of missing the point. No one is saying where it came from, I don't think they were trying to disprove a divine being, because truly you cannot disprove the existance of one. However, they are just proving that after creation, whatever it was, then came evolution.
really, like I said, this is not exactly the best essay to go off of. just a starting point for some people.
Honestly, the entire reason I believe in evolution is pretty simplistic - the average male in the 19th century was 5'7", you rarely saw a 6' guy. The average male is now 5'11", and people 6' and over are quite easy to find. Not saying that this is evolution in the sense that one species changes into a completely different one, but it is a form of evolution, and over a very short period of time. Of course, this isn't what my entire belief system is based on, just sort of sums it up.
One quick question Cronos - are you playing devil's advocate on this or do you really not believe in evolution. Just curious.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote