View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 09:34 PM   #27
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by Cronos
There's no way to prove reincarnation, because even if you have died before, and came back in another form, you wouldn't keep the memories from your past conscious life. So then we will just keep dying, and continue to reborn again in other forms until the end of time. To me, that would be torcher. You'd continue to die, and be reborn again, never knowing what truly happens after death because the cycle on continues to repeat itself. EVEN if there was some experience after death, you and I would never remember it. Because we would only be reborn again.
Two major world religions incorporate reincarnation - Hinduism and Buddhism. In Hinduism, this cycle of reincarnation is called samsara, and the ultimate goal of existence is to attain liberation from samsara ("mukti" or "moksha") and unite with the supreme God, Brahman. In Buddhism, although reincarnation is thought of slightly differently, Nirvana is again essentially a liberation from the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth. Just something I thought I'd throw out there.

About that time thing, time being the fourth dimension, I agree. What I can't reconcile is why it is that this fourth dimension can only go one way - forward ... just because we haven't experienced it going any other way doesn't mean it can't. After all, as your speed approached the speed of light, time slows down. At the speed of light, time is stopped. Theoretically, then, if you could somehow exceed the speed of light, time should reverse direction.

Sounds like fun, huh?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote