View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 05:08 PM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by Cronos
There's no way to prove reincarnation, because even if you have died before, and came back in another form, you wouldn't keep the memories from your past conscious life.
young children have been reported to have the ability to remember their past lives to the extent that they have known the way they died, where they lived and their own past names. something to do with having a fresh mind etc.

past life regression therapy seems to recover lost memories as well. as too does LSD -- users have reported experiencing their own conception and any traumatic events during pregnancy, which they shoudn't have known given that their brain wasn't developed enough to remember things.

but when it comes down to it, reincarnation is something that won't been proven scientifically for some time (if it does occur at all).

The fact and truth is we won't. We will NEVER know

don't be quick to dismiss all possibilities. i used to feel like this until i read robert monroe's books on astral projection/OBEs. he argued that believing in an afterlife isn't very useful and that people need to convert beliefs into knowns before they're truly free. this can be done by astral projecting and experiencing what it's like to be a point of consciousness free from its body. from there one can visit other spirits, experience past lives and do other interesting stuff. +conduct experiments to validate the experience.

one day i'll project and one day i'll KNOW. and it's not as hard as it seems.

Paradise by someone who doesn't exactly have everything going their way, doesn't have the greatest life to have,

it's a natural human reflex to do this, but it doesn't change the fact that it could be "the way things are". no matter how good your life is, if all that lies on the other side is nothingness, i don't believe your life is worth anything. humanity's ulimate goal is as much a drive towards immortality as it is a struggle against death.

no life is truly that great without the inclusion of a greater divine plan because if it didn't, human experience would be empty, fleeting and ultimately meaningless. maybe i've got a bad attitude towards things, but to me, hell is existing when there's no real reason why you should.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote