View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003, 10:34 AM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lots of things to reply to.

Why do you have to depend on God to reincarnate you? Reincarnate yourself, everyone else is. Our 'souls' or whatever you want to call it are eternal, right? We can probably do whatever we please. We have all of existance to play in.

Ok. I am not sure what exactly you meant by God = Time. If we had a point of no space or time we would have nothing but Now/here. We need time because I don't think our brains could handle every experience at once. How else can we experience not knowing something and wanting to find out? And maybe they aren't memories but are happening Now, and when you 'remember' you are experiencing that part of Now.

No one really knows if there's an intelligence out there that created us and participates or merely observes. We do know of our own experiences, however, and my experience tells me that my body is just that, a body. It's not who I am or what I am. When my body gets sick of it and quits, it's just atoms and matter. The person that I am, however, the source of the creation/experience of thought does not exist in this body. Bodies are focal points for experience. They are viewpoints.

As for the % of our brain that is being used, I think maybe my idea is backwards... I see people as having a soul, a subconscious and a conscious state. I don't see the concious state as creating the others, I see the soul using the unconcious to interpret the concious and vice versa. The soul doesn't completely come through, it merely filters through the subconscious and what comes through the filters placed by previous experience, making us who we appear to be. If the filter was more open, maybe we would use more of our brains. If the filter was completely open, letting our souls come through without the shaping of the filter... well who knows.