View Single Post
Old 01-11-2003, 10:47 AM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
I believe we have the potential to know the unknown, or controversial. My post in There is no "GOD"

*!*Applaude*!* Excellent post. And you're right, its nothing to get worked-up on right now. But the most impactful thing on my mind right now, is the % of how much brain-power we use. Keep in mind, this is relevant to current discussion. Breaking it down, we use aprox. 9% of our brain at one time to tackle tasks and cognitive thinking, about 20% altogether, leaving 80% completely useless to us in 2003. What happens when, (assuming that humanity takes a break from dreams and faces reality) it goes from 9, to lets say 18. We would have doubled our intelligence, still leaving about 60% not used. But just imagine it doubling, everything we have done up to this point would be obsolete to a degree. McKenna seems to think it is possible that shrooms are an alien species, he has stated it is scientifically possible for the spores to survive space travel, and is not rulled out by time constraints, meaning it CAN happen. Well, now I believe this issue is to thought-provoking to scratch here, so ill take it to letters.

What kind at catalyst would we need to 'double' our intelligence. I'm gonna let you guess... Though the only one I've done is *...*, and McKenna clearly states that *...* is too different than others to achieve this sate, for it is *...*. I really don't think we will go anywhere by just wanting or saying something like, "OK brain, lets be smarter than everyone else, oh, and never mind that it hasnt been done in, umm, forever." But we don't know even that, unless we measure every single person's brain% on the planet. And who better to give us this 'catalyst' then the one bein that everyone wants to see but at the same time will not believe it easily. But what if, we are never goin to see it, not because it doesnt exist, but because it is in camoflauge, and we see it in our minds instead? Does anyone know wtf I'm getting at? I'll say it again, "And we see it in our minds instead?"