View Single Post
Old 01-11-2003, 06:35 AM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
hmmm, this is a very interseting topic, especially to read actual Tool fan's thoughts. I say that because I have always wondered about this subject if Tool themselves seem to proclaim a materialistic view of life, or idealistic. I believe more in idealism.....
even though science is proving to be progressive in knowledge and new paradigms are trying to reconstruct religious theories in particular how the universe was created, well that's all very well and good, but it doesn't rule out God because we can class all this new knowledge under 'science', but uhhh, isn't science just a natural progression for this time and age, where the only difference is we are more technologically advanced to provide possible explanations, for ie say the big bang, but nothing is definite as nothing was definite with religion as science still hasn't proven what was "BEFORE" the big bang. In other words, this reinforces my thoughts that God was still responsible for everything science can explain, I meen, just because of the strong explanatory will science has these days, doesn't rule out a large amount of controversial and disputed questions, such as what happens when we die? ........NO FUCKING IDEA; BUT - maybe mankind was never meant to know, and that this very fact was the point........."until we know", so I very much doubt we ever will know, so why don't we keep being existentialists and try to live for everything imaginable and that can be experienced, because; maybe if we don't and waste 60% of our lives being lazy, we've probably fucked up.

p.s. Plato's concept of the soul and life after death might be of interest to you guys, basically, a "form" cannot admit to its opposite, ie odd will never admit to even, or hot to cold, therefore soul cannot admit to death, therefore is indestructable, immortal and eternal..........hmmmmm
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote