View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 09:55 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 38
Death...my view, and hopefully yours

I've thought about this quite a bit, mainly because this comes up a lot in life. What happens when one dies?

This is my thought on this (in my scientist/trying to find some spirituality in myself, sort of way). When one dies, a void is reached, rather, a timeless void. When you have a dreamless sleep, and you wake up seemingly the exact moment you fall asleep, well, you experience a sort of timelessness. If our feeble minds can even begin to try and imagine living in a universe in which the fourth dimension is no longer travelled through, well, then you can see where I'm going. It may seem very dark, and hopeless, but there's no possibility for any feelings at all, because you no longer travel through time, infact, there is no you.

That's one aspect of it. The other is that when you die, you release your energy, or spirit. No energy can be destroyed, or created, so basically, I believe that your spiritual energy dissipates off into the universe, so while you are trapped in a timeless void, you still maintain a sort of conciousness. I really have no idea as to how to begin describing it. But your spirit is still connected with your body, yet your body it useless. So a small part of you goes off into the universe, in no organized fashion. This part of my theory may be really hard to grasp, but, most things of this sort are.

Thanks for reading. If you would like to try and make sense of my thoughts, or share your own, please feel free.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote