View Single Post
junior
12-02-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
Weird stoner rambling thought/question: Those Red/white semi trucks I’ve always seen at the shows- i counted something like 13 or 14 of them in Denver. Does all that stuff get freighted over to Australia and New Zealand, or do they only take essentials? What IS in all those trucks? I get that the production is massive, but it still seems like a lot of trucks for a 4 piece band. Am I the only one that would be interested in a back-lot tour as part of the VIP experience? It seems like a pretty impressive logistical feat. I’d like to know more (everything) about it.
I think we had 15 or 16 this time.
One of them was dedicated to a full 2nd set of motors and rigging steel, and would go ahead to the next city on nights when we had a show the next day in another city. That way the riggers could start hanging points at 5am no matter how far away the rest of the gear was.

At least 1 truck was full of merch.

Other than that, every thing you saw that was part of the show went in one of the remaining 14 trucks.
I’ll see if I can find a breakdown of how many were used for each department at some point.
I honestly don’t know, since I don’t take part in the truck loading/unloading process anymore.
The last time I did we only had about 3 trucks.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #6823
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
Weird stoner rambling thought/question: Those Red/white semi trucks I’ve always seen at the shows- i counted something like 13 or 14 of them in Denver. Does all that stuff get freighted over to Australia and New Zealand, or do they only take essentials? What IS in all those trucks? I get that the production is massive, but it still seems like a lot of trucks for a 4 piece band. Am I the only one that would be interested in a back-lot tour as part of the VIP experience? It seems like a pretty impressive logistical feat. I’d like to know more (everything) about it.
I think we had 15 or 16 this time.
One of them was dedicated to a full 2nd set of motors and rigging steel, and would go ahead to the next city on nights when we had a show the next day in another city. That way the riggers could start hanging points at 5am no matter how far away the rest of the gear was.

At least 1 truck was full of merch.

Other than that, every thing you saw that was part of the show went in one of the remaining 14 trucks.
I’ll see if I can find a breakdown of how many were used for each department at some point.
I honestly don’t know, since I don’t take part in the truck loading/unloading process anymore.
The last time I did we only had about 3 trucks.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote