View Single Post
PoopShipDestroyer
08-03-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldin2012 View Post

I can't understand why TOOL fans are so close minded to My Bloody Valentine. I thought their set was incredible. The sheer level of sonic destruction is beyond belief. It's true you can barely make out the vocals, but they've always been like that, that's part of their "sound". If you are a fan of shoegaze music, MBV are pretty much the originators, and their live show proves why.
pretty much this.

i was really disappointed by the majority of tool fans having no idea they were seeing f'n legends up there, with some of the most amazing music i've ever heard (listen to Loveless and tell me i'm wrong). i'll admit though, that they sounded a lot better when i saw them at Roseland (and louder... i was able to feel my clothing vibrate from the sheer volume)

Tool was great, but the highlight was MBV
Old 08-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.01.09 - Jersey City, NJ @ All Points West Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldin2012 View Post

I can't understand why TOOL fans are so close minded to My Bloody Valentine. I thought their set was incredible. The sheer level of sonic destruction is beyond belief. It's true you can barely make out the vocals, but they've always been like that, that's part of their "sound". If you are a fan of shoegaze music, MBV are pretty much the originators, and their live show proves why.
pretty much this.

i was really disappointed by the majority of tool fans having no idea they were seeing f'n legends up there, with some of the most amazing music i've ever heard (listen to Loveless and tell me i'm wrong). i'll admit though, that they sounded a lot better when i saw them at Roseland (and louder... i was able to feel my clothing vibrate from the sheer volume)

Tool was great, but the highlight was MBV
OFFLINE |