View Single Post
dgoldin2012's Avatar dgoldin2012
08-02-2009, 03:10 PM

I can't believe no one has mentioned some of the funniest things Maynard said.

"New York City is a hell of a town, but all joking aside, when it comes down to it, ya can't fuck with Jersey... unless you want your ass kicked"

After the duel drum solo... "we were gonna bring out Chris Meloni, but we realized he couldn't play the fucking drums. he's too busy catching perverts."

"you have to put your clothes back on, I've seen some of you in the light and what you're wearing could be considered terrorism"

great show, it was my 7th TOOL show, and I can't complain. Always amazing.

I can't understand why TOOL fans are so close minded to My Bloody Valentine. I thought their set was incredible. The sheer level of sonic destruction is beyond belief. It's true you can barely make out the vocals, but they've always been like that, that's part of their "sound". If you are a fan of shoegaze music, MBV are pretty much the originators, and their live show proves why.

Also thought ...and you will know us by the trail of dead were awesome. the keyboardist fell off the stage (6 foot drop) while setting up, but luckily he was ok. then latter the singer was playing the keyboards and the entire thing came crashing down. the guitarist claimed their was a magnetic vortex over there. good stuff
Old 08-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.01.09 - Jersey City, NJ @ All Points West Festival

I can't believe no one has mentioned some of the funniest things Maynard said.

"New York City is a hell of a town, but all joking aside, when it comes down to it, ya can't fuck with Jersey... unless you want your ass kicked"

After the duel drum solo... "we were gonna bring out Chris Meloni, but we realized he couldn't play the fucking drums. he's too busy catching perverts."

"you have to put your clothes back on, I've seen some of you in the light and what you're wearing could be considered terrorism"

great show, it was my 7th TOOL show, and I can't complain. Always amazing.

I can't understand why TOOL fans are so close minded to My Bloody Valentine. I thought their set was incredible. The sheer level of sonic destruction is beyond belief. It's true you can barely make out the vocals, but they've always been like that, that's part of their "sound". If you are a fan of shoegaze music, MBV are pretty much the originators, and their live show proves why.

Also thought ...and you will know us by the trail of dead were awesome. the keyboardist fell off the stage (6 foot drop) while setting up, but luckily he was ok. then latter the singer was playing the keyboards and the entire thing came crashing down. the guitarist claimed their was a magnetic vortex over there. good stuff