View Single Post
aephaesis
07-17-2007, 05:23 PM

This was my first tool concert. Drove from NC to PA to see it. Now I just have to see APC and I can die happy.

The opening band’s drummer was great but that is about it for them.

After hearing Tool live last night, I listened to Lateralus and Anemia with a new found adoration today, they sounded brand new and amazingly much better than on the way TO the concert.

My HIGHLIGHTS are (in no particular order): realizing there is more to Tool than Maynard. I knew the bass was great and I knew the drums were great, but live, they are just SO AMAZING it is unbelievable. The bass pounds your chest and the drums were so on point Maynard is actually the biggest downfall live because his volume is so low by comparison.
Iron Maiden before Tool, Michael Jackson, Thriller after… ok call me crazy but I couldn’t help but do the Thriller dance right after the finale on Vicarious, it was so fitting.
The amount of time taken on Rosetta and Wings was so much they probably could have done all my favorites instead, however I loved them nonetheless. But all things considered, the Anemia songs were the best in show.
They don’t do encores.
I remember listening to Flood on Undertow and thinking “OK, this song is good.” That’s it, nothing more. FLOOD LIVE WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST, YOU CAN NOT REPLICATE SOMETHING THAT AMAZING IN A STUDIO! Seriously, when I first realized they were playing Flood and not Jimmy or Pushit I was like “Damn it!!!!!” But I would pay all over again to hear just Flood again that’s how great it was live. I didn’t give that song enough credit.
Free parking that we were SUPPOSED to pay for muhahaha.

Now the “lowlights:”(I hope you all realize that this concert was so great I am really having a hard time coming up with the ba stuff, so I apologize in advance for the following…)
The laser show was OK but they would have been fine without it. The music is more than enough, just play more songs! How about Eulogy for starters (and Jimmy and Pushit as previously mentioned, but there are many more of course)
They take a seated break in the middle and we all just stand around while a filler song is being played.
Maynard does the same cowboy hat thing for every show... Be original.. Take off your clothes and go streaking (I’m a girl so I can say that without judgment).
When throwing waters I didn’t get one. I really was thirsty. WTF. Maynard you suck.
Floor seats blow. I am 5’2” ‘nough said.

OK fellow Toolians (if that’s a word). See you next tour but not in PA. Sweet Tool dreams.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/16 - Reading, PA - Sovereign Center

This was my first tool concert. Drove from NC to PA to see it. Now I just have to see APC and I can die happy.

The opening band’s drummer was great but that is about it for them.

After hearing Tool live last night, I listened to Lateralus and Anemia with a new found adoration today, they sounded brand new and amazingly much better than on the way TO the concert.

My HIGHLIGHTS are (in no particular order): realizing there is more to Tool than Maynard. I knew the bass was great and I knew the drums were great, but live, they are just SO AMAZING it is unbelievable. The bass pounds your chest and the drums were so on point Maynard is actually the biggest downfall live because his volume is so low by comparison.
Iron Maiden before Tool, Michael Jackson, Thriller after… ok call me crazy but I couldn’t help but do the Thriller dance right after the finale on Vicarious, it was so fitting.
The amount of time taken on Rosetta and Wings was so much they probably could have done all my favorites instead, however I loved them nonetheless. But all things considered, the Anemia songs were the best in show.
They don’t do encores.
I remember listening to Flood on Undertow and thinking “OK, this song is good.” That’s it, nothing more. FLOOD LIVE WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST, YOU CAN NOT REPLICATE SOMETHING THAT AMAZING IN A STUDIO! Seriously, when I first realized they were playing Flood and not Jimmy or Pushit I was like “Damn it!!!!!” But I would pay all over again to hear just Flood again that’s how great it was live. I didn’t give that song enough credit.
Free parking that we were SUPPOSED to pay for muhahaha.

Now the “lowlights:”(I hope you all realize that this concert was so great I am really having a hard time coming up with the ba stuff, so I apologize in advance for the following…)
The laser show was OK but they would have been fine without it. The music is more than enough, just play more songs! How about Eulogy for starters (and Jimmy and Pushit as previously mentioned, but there are many more of course)
They take a seated break in the middle and we all just stand around while a filler song is being played.
Maynard does the same cowboy hat thing for every show... Be original.. Take off your clothes and go streaking (I’m a girl so I can say that without judgment).
When throwing waters I didn’t get one. I really was thirsty. WTF. Maynard you suck.
Floor seats blow. I am 5’2” ‘nough said.

OK fellow Toolians (if that’s a word). See you next tour but not in PA. Sweet Tool dreams.
OFFLINE |