View Single Post
gmenright's Avatar gmenright
07-10-2007, 08:42 AM

Great show. This was my third time seeing Tool and my first time in the pit. I was about 10-15 people away from Adam. One of Danny's sticks landed about 10 feet away.

I tried to get my camera in, but it was confiscated. Unlike most of the brats w/cameras, I know better than to use my flash - what are you trying to light up, the hair on the head of the dude in front of you? Your flash is not strong enough to light up the stage from the seats, you idiot.
<RANT>
All you moshing fucknuts can eat my ass. I stuck to the one side and back a bit, because I anticipated the moshing would pretty much be in the front/centre. I was wrong - there were a few scuffles going around. I'm a fairly big guy and can shove a lot harder than most of the brats who were moshing nearby, so push back I did - sometimes w/elbows because the crowd was tight there.
Some little blonde dickweed wanted me to lift him up to rub his ass on the heads of strangers and kick their girlfriends' heads - this is known to some as crowd-surfing ;) I told him to fuck off and find somebody else. Some chick tried to give me shit about pushing back against her friend too hard after said friend slammed herself into me. I'm stronger than her, she moaned.
TIP: Some people (me for one) don't like being hit/pushed/punched/kicked and will respond less than kindly - even if you do have tits.
</RANT>

Enough of that, though. Pit fiends notwithstanding, the show was awesome and I had a very good spot. The boys really tore loose on this one. Everything was energetic and pounded w/fury. With regard to the few folks who mentioned that the sound was still fucked up (as it apparently was on June 24) I'd have to attribute that to your seats, I guess; from my area, everything was completely amazing. There were some nice variations to tried-n-true standbys like Lateralus and there were a few fakeouts, like the intro to 'Cold n' Ugly' segueing into Jambi and then the scratchy chords that start Prison Sex led into Vicarious. I'm not sure how I feel about that because it actually would have been cool to hear those - especially Prison Sex and its extra 'OTRM' verse.

Tool has not disappointed me in the 3 times I've seen them, but this show topped the others!!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

Great show. This was my third time seeing Tool and my first time in the pit. I was about 10-15 people away from Adam. One of Danny's sticks landed about 10 feet away.

I tried to get my camera in, but it was confiscated. Unlike most of the brats w/cameras, I know better than to use my flash - what are you trying to light up, the hair on the head of the dude in front of you? Your flash is not strong enough to light up the stage from the seats, you idiot.
<RANT>
All you moshing fucknuts can eat my ass. I stuck to the one side and back a bit, because I anticipated the moshing would pretty much be in the front/centre. I was wrong - there were a few scuffles going around. I'm a fairly big guy and can shove a lot harder than most of the brats who were moshing nearby, so push back I did - sometimes w/elbows because the crowd was tight there.
Some little blonde dickweed wanted me to lift him up to rub his ass on the heads of strangers and kick their girlfriends' heads - this is known to some as crowd-surfing ;) I told him to fuck off and find somebody else. Some chick tried to give me shit about pushing back against her friend too hard after said friend slammed herself into me. I'm stronger than her, she moaned.
TIP: Some people (me for one) don't like being hit/pushed/punched/kicked and will respond less than kindly - even if you do have tits.
</RANT>

Enough of that, though. Pit fiends notwithstanding, the show was awesome and I had a very good spot. The boys really tore loose on this one. Everything was energetic and pounded w/fury. With regard to the few folks who mentioned that the sound was still fucked up (as it apparently was on June 24) I'd have to attribute that to your seats, I guess; from my area, everything was completely amazing. There were some nice variations to tried-n-true standbys like Lateralus and there were a few fakeouts, like the intro to 'Cold n' Ugly' segueing into Jambi and then the scratchy chords that start Prison Sex led into Vicarious. I'm not sure how I feel about that because it actually would have been cool to hear those - especially Prison Sex and its extra 'OTRM' verse.

Tool has not disappointed me in the 3 times I've seen them, but this show topped the others!!
OFFLINE |