View Single Post
ben_1112
07-09-2007, 10:12 PM

Great show!

I was at the very front of the floor, right against the rail in front of Adam (who had his hair in braided pigtails, hahah). Maynard couldn't be heard too well at times, but he was still audible. Could see exactly what all the band members were doing, so that was awesome. I've never been that close to the band before. Oh, and I caught one of Danny's sticks at the end!

Jambi was a great opener, everyone around me in the pit was enjoying it. Maynard's poses were hilarious, he seemed really into it tonight, moving around a lot.

Stinkfist really got the crowd going, the extended bridge in the middle amazed me like it always does. Forty-Six & 2 was rockin', as usual. Once again, Danny's drum solo blew me away. The double-time part in Schism had my buddy's jaw to the floor; he's a drummer and this was his first Tool show. Needless to say, Carey is now his hero.

Lost Keys/Rosetta was a lot better than the last time I saw them in Toronto. No screwups, plus the lighters during Lost Keys was amazing to see. Would have been nicer if Maynard was a bit more audible, I could barely make out what he was saying throughout the song.

Flood was exactly as one would expect it to be; AWESOME. The Kids In The Hall song completely caught me off guard, I had no idea what was going on. Pretty funny, though. The visuals during this song were perfect.

Wings/10k was so much tighter this time around. It was good to see the crowd respecting Maynard and toning it down with the screaming. However, the few people who were crowd surfing kinda pissed me off. The lasers during this song are incredible, even better than the last time I saw them.

Lateralus was definitely the performance of the night; the crowd was totally into it, Maynard was awesome as was Adam, and Danny's solo completely floored me, as well as that ridiculous gong hit near the end. Justin chugged a beer while playing the extended part, the man is invincible.

Vicarious had the crowd singing along, rockin' as it always is. Maynard skipped the "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies" part, but other than that, he did a great job.

I caught Danny's drum stick! Didn't expect it to come our way, it was a great way to end the night.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/09 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

Great show!

I was at the very front of the floor, right against the rail in front of Adam (who had his hair in braided pigtails, hahah). Maynard couldn't be heard too well at times, but he was still audible. Could see exactly what all the band members were doing, so that was awesome. I've never been that close to the band before. Oh, and I caught one of Danny's sticks at the end!

Jambi was a great opener, everyone around me in the pit was enjoying it. Maynard's poses were hilarious, he seemed really into it tonight, moving around a lot.

Stinkfist really got the crowd going, the extended bridge in the middle amazed me like it always does. Forty-Six & 2 was rockin', as usual. Once again, Danny's drum solo blew me away. The double-time part in Schism had my buddy's jaw to the floor; he's a drummer and this was his first Tool show. Needless to say, Carey is now his hero.

Lost Keys/Rosetta was a lot better than the last time I saw them in Toronto. No screwups, plus the lighters during Lost Keys was amazing to see. Would have been nicer if Maynard was a bit more audible, I could barely make out what he was saying throughout the song.

Flood was exactly as one would expect it to be; AWESOME. The Kids In The Hall song completely caught me off guard, I had no idea what was going on. Pretty funny, though. The visuals during this song were perfect.

Wings/10k was so much tighter this time around. It was good to see the crowd respecting Maynard and toning it down with the screaming. However, the few people who were crowd surfing kinda pissed me off. The lasers during this song are incredible, even better than the last time I saw them.

Lateralus was definitely the performance of the night; the crowd was totally into it, Maynard was awesome as was Adam, and Danny's solo completely floored me, as well as that ridiculous gong hit near the end. Justin chugged a beer while playing the extended part, the man is invincible.

Vicarious had the crowd singing along, rockin' as it always is. Maynard skipped the "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies" part, but other than that, he did a great job.

I caught Danny's drum stick! Didn't expect it to come our way, it was a great way to end the night.
OFFLINE |