Thread: Surround Sound
View Single Post
Convectuoso's Avatar Convectuoso
05-30-2006, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Actually....what PL does is take the "out of phase" information from the left and right channels, and put them in the rear and center
As you say it takes a stereo source and creates more channels from it.

Quote:
PL and Dolby Digital and DTS are all just different ways of decoding the mixed 5.1 source audio.
Pro Logic decodes a stereo source and 'creates' rear and centre outputs which isn't the same as DD or DTS which process a 5.1 input and output in 5.1.

I know that you already knew this but just thought I’d point out the slight mistake :)

EDIT: Oh and i never listen to CD's in surround unless they were mixed that way. Even then i'm not crazy about it, seems to Gimmicky imo and i prefer the instruments aren't 'seperated'

Last edited by Convectuoso; 05-30-2006 at 07:50 AM..
Old 05-30-2006, 07:48 AM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 31
Re: Surround Sound

Quote:
Actually....what PL does is take the "out of phase" information from the left and right channels, and put them in the rear and center
As you say it takes a stereo source and creates more channels from it.

Quote:
PL and Dolby Digital and DTS are all just different ways of decoding the mixed 5.1 source audio.
Pro Logic decodes a stereo source and 'creates' rear and centre outputs which isn't the same as DD or DTS which process a 5.1 input and output in 5.1.

I know that you already knew this but just thought I’d point out the slight mistake :)

EDIT: Oh and i never listen to CD's in surround unless they were mixed that way. Even then i'm not crazy about it, seems to Gimmicky imo and i prefer the instruments aren't 'seperated'

Last edited by Convectuoso; 05-30-2006 at 07:50 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote