View Single Post
deathmetalhead767
08-05-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickDrum View Post
This was my first Tool experience and the best concert I have ever been to. This is the greatest band I have ever seen! So, it is just total BS to me - the stuff written here about Maynard's vocals or attitude... The people who write this are the ones who have been like 7 times to see them... Maynard is a genius in my book and this band is the best. Being a drummer - Danny Carey is the total package. I seem to think that the experienced fans should consider themselves fortunate to have seen Tool so many times. There isn't a band out there that compares.
Agreed that Carey is the best drummer. I am a drummer too. But I feel bad for you that this was your first experience seeing them. They are the best live show I've ever seen but that was the Aenima tour when the were hungry and pissed. But this particular performance, I can name several other shows by other bands I've seen that were much better as a whole. (Iron Maiden '85, Judas Priest '91 & '04, Clutch '05, Slayer '04, Lamb Of God '04 & '09, Opeth '09, Soulfly '98, Queensryche '89, Kiss '85, Black Sabbath '99, Scorpions '88)
Old 08-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #72
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickDrum View Post
This was my first Tool experience and the best concert I have ever been to. This is the greatest band I have ever seen! So, it is just total BS to me - the stuff written here about Maynard's vocals or attitude... The people who write this are the ones who have been like 7 times to see them... Maynard is a genius in my book and this band is the best. Being a drummer - Danny Carey is the total package. I seem to think that the experienced fans should consider themselves fortunate to have seen Tool so many times. There isn't a band out there that compares.
Agreed that Carey is the best drummer. I am a drummer too. But I feel bad for you that this was your first experience seeing them. They are the best live show I've ever seen but that was the Aenima tour when the were hungry and pissed. But this particular performance, I can name several other shows by other bands I've seen that were much better as a whole. (Iron Maiden '85, Judas Priest '91 & '04, Clutch '05, Slayer '04, Lamb Of God '04 & '09, Opeth '09, Soulfly '98, Queensryche '89, Kiss '85, Black Sabbath '99, Scorpions '88)
OFFLINE |