View Single Post
RiseToYourHalo's Avatar RiseToYourHalo
08-03-2009, 06:31 PM

Generally, I enjoyed the show. Despite being completely sober, I had a great buzz on. Less than 48 hours before, I was sitting high (14,000 ft) upon a sacred mountain on Isla Amantani, in the middle of Lake Titicaca, Peru, chewing coca and sharing secrets with the night sky.

I didn’t read the reviews beforehand so I had some hope for something different this time. PM to the fucked-up unconscious dude in our section who was carted off by EMT’s before the show even started: Don’t worry man, if you saw them in 2006/2007, you really didn’t miss much.

My seats sucked. Second in line at a TM outlet and I get nosebleeds in section two-fucking-twenty-three. On a positive note, I was able to enjoy and appreciate the lighting and visuals from that location. Soundwise, there are very few sweet spots in this venue and section 223 is definitely not one of them.

I thought Flood was the best performance of the evening. Rosetta Stoned vocals are just a garbled mess. I wish they didn’t screw with the rhythm of Lateralus. I enjoyed watching and listening to two drummers flailing like madmen on their kits, but that gig should stand by itself. Lateralus is an epic and sacred song and the drum duel only interrupted my ‘spiraling out’. Aenima was kick ass and would have been a much better closer than Vicarious.

Live Tool is one of life’s greatest pleasures IMO and will always be worth my $65. Meditating to Lateralus in its entirety atop Machu Picchu was, well, priceless and literally a whole other realm :)

Peace in.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #53
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

Generally, I enjoyed the show. Despite being completely sober, I had a great buzz on. Less than 48 hours before, I was sitting high (14,000 ft) upon a sacred mountain on Isla Amantani, in the middle of Lake Titicaca, Peru, chewing coca and sharing secrets with the night sky.

I didn’t read the reviews beforehand so I had some hope for something different this time. PM to the fucked-up unconscious dude in our section who was carted off by EMT’s before the show even started: Don’t worry man, if you saw them in 2006/2007, you really didn’t miss much.

My seats sucked. Second in line at a TM outlet and I get nosebleeds in section two-fucking-twenty-three. On a positive note, I was able to enjoy and appreciate the lighting and visuals from that location. Soundwise, there are very few sweet spots in this venue and section 223 is definitely not one of them.

I thought Flood was the best performance of the evening. Rosetta Stoned vocals are just a garbled mess. I wish they didn’t screw with the rhythm of Lateralus. I enjoyed watching and listening to two drummers flailing like madmen on their kits, but that gig should stand by itself. Lateralus is an epic and sacred song and the drum duel only interrupted my ‘spiraling out’. Aenima was kick ass and would have been a much better closer than Vicarious.

Live Tool is one of life’s greatest pleasures IMO and will always be worth my $65. Meditating to Lateralus in its entirety atop Machu Picchu was, well, priceless and literally a whole other realm :)

Peace in.
OFFLINE |