View Single Post
Amorphis
08-03-2009, 02:45 PM

This was my 3rd Tool show and I was pretty disappointed. It probably had something to do with the unbelievably long wait after Tweak Bird's set. And they were god awful by the way. So by the time Tool actually hit the stage, my patience had already been worn thin. The songs themselves were fairly tight, but there were just so many delays during the set. So many little intermissions that dragged on and on. There were at least three 10+ minute breaks during the set. I was just begging for it to be over by the time they finally started "Vicarious."

I got the impression that Maynard was holding back on his vocals. Either that, or he just can't scream anymore. I think the setlist was kind of tailored as a result of this.

And I was wearing a Dark Tranquillity shirt for the record.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

This was my 3rd Tool show and I was pretty disappointed. It probably had something to do with the unbelievably long wait after Tweak Bird's set. And they were god awful by the way. So by the time Tool actually hit the stage, my patience had already been worn thin. The songs themselves were fairly tight, but there were just so many delays during the set. So many little intermissions that dragged on and on. There were at least three 10+ minute breaks during the set. I was just begging for it to be over by the time they finally started "Vicarious."

I got the impression that Maynard was holding back on his vocals. Either that, or he just can't scream anymore. I think the setlist was kind of tailored as a result of this.

And I was wearing a Dark Tranquillity shirt for the record.
OFFLINE |