View Single Post
obwah's Avatar obwah
06-05-2006, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipan Conjuring
What has struck me most about 10,000 days is the overwhelming shift in gear of the drumming.. As some have noted, Danny has turned from a wild beast into a fucking alien. The Grudge and Ticks were pretty ridiculous on Lateralus (and his double bass playing on that album far exceeded his previous stuff on Aenema), but on 10,000 days...
Nearly every track contains complete animalism, and Danny's double bass is now mental. I would say that Vicarious, Jambi, 10,000 Days (check out 5:30 to 7:30, surely one of the sophisticated and tasteful pieces of drumming he's written), Rosetta Stoned and Right in Two (listen to 5:44 onwards) all contain parts that are as hard, and often harder to play in parts as anything on Lateralus or Aenima. Even more impressive is that the drumming, dare I say it, is even more beautiful.

And I haven't evened mentioned the psychedelic electronic stuff on Intension and the tabla solo on Right in Two..

Honestly, DC has outdone himself.. hail the king.
QFT.
Kindle our hope, and let our grief give way to joy.
31°58' 152°35' = Bliss
Old 06-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #63
Practising Procrastination (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1298
Re: Hardest Song to play on drums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipan Conjuring
What has struck me most about 10,000 days is the overwhelming shift in gear of the drumming.. As some have noted, Danny has turned from a wild beast into a fucking alien. The Grudge and Ticks were pretty ridiculous on Lateralus (and his double bass playing on that album far exceeded his previous stuff on Aenema), but on 10,000 days...
Nearly every track contains complete animalism, and Danny's double bass is now mental. I would say that Vicarious, Jambi, 10,000 Days (check out 5:30 to 7:30, surely one of the sophisticated and tasteful pieces of drumming he's written), Rosetta Stoned and Right in Two (listen to 5:44 onwards) all contain parts that are as hard, and often harder to play in parts as anything on Lateralus or Aenima. Even more impressive is that the drumming, dare I say it, is even more beautiful.

And I haven't evened mentioned the psychedelic electronic stuff on Intension and the tabla solo on Right in Two..

Honestly, DC has outdone himself.. hail the king.
QFT.
Kindle our hope, and let our grief give way to joy.
31°58' 152°35' = Bliss
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote