View Single Post
sniff
06-20-2007, 03:24 PM

not sure who it was, but whoever said there was a full moon during TOOL's performance is being dramatic. not that it matters, but there was no full moon; in fact, before Bonnaroo there was talk about how there was going to be a NEW moon and how that might have been a big deal for them in some weird way. it was just a sliver, and this, along with other biased comments, skewed your review. everyone keeps talking about how no one should expect anything different, that the setlist is always the same and always will be the same. why shouldn't i, or anyone else, expect something different when there was a half hour left for them to play and a legendary musician - who wrote a song that TOOL covered - jumping at the chance to play with every band in sight? yes, they sounded incredible, yes, they were tight as hell, yes, the light show was amazing, and yes, Tom Morello's cameo was cool, but it still doesn't change the fact that, as someone else has already said, they don't seem to care that much about what their fans want. does anyone here honestly believe that they didn't consider the crowd's desire to hear "No Quarter?" and i really don't think shortage of preparation time had anything to do with them not playing; it's fucking TOOL, i think we all agree how good they are, they could've pulled off a jam with JPJ with as little as an hour to prepare.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

not sure who it was, but whoever said there was a full moon during TOOL's performance is being dramatic. not that it matters, but there was no full moon; in fact, before Bonnaroo there was talk about how there was going to be a NEW moon and how that might have been a big deal for them in some weird way. it was just a sliver, and this, along with other biased comments, skewed your review. everyone keeps talking about how no one should expect anything different, that the setlist is always the same and always will be the same. why shouldn't i, or anyone else, expect something different when there was a half hour left for them to play and a legendary musician - who wrote a song that TOOL covered - jumping at the chance to play with every band in sight? yes, they sounded incredible, yes, they were tight as hell, yes, the light show was amazing, and yes, Tom Morello's cameo was cool, but it still doesn't change the fact that, as someone else has already said, they don't seem to care that much about what their fans want. does anyone here honestly believe that they didn't consider the crowd's desire to hear "No Quarter?" and i really don't think shortage of preparation time had anything to do with them not playing; it's fucking TOOL, i think we all agree how good they are, they could've pulled off a jam with JPJ with as little as an hour to prepare.
OFFLINE |