Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2002, 08:32 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
these are all wonderful interpretations, but what about

the meaty, skinless looking fellow who gets stepped on?

what about the identical 'child', in the form of a caterpillar?

and what about the thing on wheels that sticks its hand into the skinless looking felllow after he's been squished? i find most interesting about this object the spinning face. whose face is it? it's most obviously human.

what about the bee that the child finds in the jar, and that in the next scene is crawling across the adult's fingers?

perhaps the skinless being is representative of the 'child' trying to escape, the small, exposed, vunerable part of him that has found the will to run from the situation, but his vunerability proves his destruction, therefore the child continues to be subjected to the adult's torture--his will was not strong enough, and so in the end his only option was death.

perhaps the identical child hidden in the drawer is a form of subconsciousness. he towers over the legless child, staring him down... perhaps this is symbolic of the subconscious becoming the conscious, forcing the child to realize he must somehow free himself.

i cannot figure out the face... it looks like a human child to me, but what this may be symbolic of i'm not sure... if i'm going to run with the idea that the skinless fellow is the child's willpower... perhaps the face is a higher, more advanced being...acknowledging the death of willpower and the plight the child is in. when his face starts spinning maybe it's indicitive of how overwhelmed he feels by what has begun to happen, how out of his control things have spiraled. but then if this was so you'd think he would play a larger role...

the bee perhaps represents curiousity, the child seems very interested in holding the jar and watching it fly around. there are two ways i could see to interpret this. either the child is beginning to enact the adult's 'molestation' of him (in the sense that he keeps the bee encased in the jar, as though he is a toy, turning him this way and that, starting at him... as the adult, it turns out, is doing in the end when he closes the drawer that contains the child), or it does represent curiousity that the child still harbors even in his tortured state--only to have the adult take the curiosity away as well, thus destroying the child's hope.

but who knows
it is Tool
and Tool defies all decoding.

*foolish consistancy is the
hobgoblin of little minds*
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote