View Single Post
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
08-22-2014, 07:30 PM

did that last sentence make sense? i just woke up. (no, not figuratively) i read it as ...the true teachings become less veiled the more you realize -how- they were "hidden under grotesque symbols (such as child sacrifice)" ...suggesting, as crowley states in his autobiography (known to him as an auto-hagiography, or "the hag") "the confessions of aleister crowley (the spirit of solitude)": vile minds think it a vile book. a good (better?) starting point for a.c. is kenneth grant's "aleister crowley and the hidden god" and "the magick revival"
Old 08-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #27
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: Danny Carey/Aleister Crowley Relation

did that last sentence make sense? i just woke up. (no, not figuratively) i read it as ...the true teachings become less veiled the more you realize -how- they were "hidden under grotesque symbols (such as child sacrifice)" ...suggesting, as crowley states in his autobiography (known to him as an auto-hagiography, or "the hag") "the confessions of aleister crowley (the spirit of solitude)": vile minds think it a vile book. a good (better?) starting point for a.c. is kenneth grant's "aleister crowley and the hidden god" and "the magick revival"