View Single Post
gabis
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM

Well, just like you guys seem to think the people 'complaining' are exaggerating... I think you are all exaggerating our complaints. There isn't one post with complaints that didn't also talk about the many things that were enjoyable. If you want to read some fluff review about every show that will only mention how awesome it was... well go somewhere else.

The fact of the matter is this section is here for us to post our OPINIONS about the show. If this is how we felt about it, why shouldn't we post it?

I thought the show had its flaws, absolutely. Does it mean it wasn't a great time? Fuck no. I had a blast. So much so, I'm doing it again on Friday. And you know what? If they play the same set, sure, I'll be a little disappointed. I have a right to be. Its my opinion. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to have an absolutely amazing time. I LOVE 10,000 days, and Monday night was my first time seeing them play it. It was an honor.

No one is trying to take anything away from your experience. If you enjoyed the hell out of it, and I'm sure you did, then embrace that. Don't let our cynicism bring you down. But the reality of something as objective as a concert is that everyone is going to have a different experience. Everyone is going to take away different things from it. Just enjoy it.

To afsocwes: When they went away for 15 minutes, it was to let junior and crew do their thing with the lights. They have done this every show, and played the same songs before and after. Hence, definitely not an encore.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Well, just like you guys seem to think the people 'complaining' are exaggerating... I think you are all exaggerating our complaints. There isn't one post with complaints that didn't also talk about the many things that were enjoyable. If you want to read some fluff review about every show that will only mention how awesome it was... well go somewhere else.

The fact of the matter is this section is here for us to post our OPINIONS about the show. If this is how we felt about it, why shouldn't we post it?

I thought the show had its flaws, absolutely. Does it mean it wasn't a great time? Fuck no. I had a blast. So much so, I'm doing it again on Friday. And you know what? If they play the same set, sure, I'll be a little disappointed. I have a right to be. Its my opinion. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to have an absolutely amazing time. I LOVE 10,000 days, and Monday night was my first time seeing them play it. It was an honor.

No one is trying to take anything away from your experience. If you enjoyed the hell out of it, and I'm sure you did, then embrace that. Don't let our cynicism bring you down. But the reality of something as objective as a concert is that everyone is going to have a different experience. Everyone is going to take away different things from it. Just enjoy it.

To afsocwes: When they went away for 15 minutes, it was to let junior and crew do their thing with the lights. They have done this every show, and played the same songs before and after. Hence, definitely not an encore.