View Single Post
Cloudshaper's Avatar Cloudshaper
06-16-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Adam is a fucking master of all the things that make a guitarist great that they don't actually get credit for. (feedback control, rhythm, synergy with the rest of the band, restraint/amazing instincts, being the most ripped-off yet underappreciated musician alive, etc.)

Honestly I would challenge anyone here to play his parts as cleanly or as consistently as he does. Being a guitarist myself, I know a lot of what he plays isn't exactly child's play even if it's not just mind-blowingly technical either.

I can think of plenty of highly technical guitarists who are completely boring.
Could you give me an example of, where he displays his “master degree” in rhythm guitar?

I’m actually just curious. Are you talking about inventing them or playing them? Because they don’t seem that complex to me, though I can see the skill that it takes to create them.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #59
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Could a member of the current Tool line-up be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Adam is a fucking master of all the things that make a guitarist great that they don't actually get credit for. (feedback control, rhythm, synergy with the rest of the band, restraint/amazing instincts, being the most ripped-off yet underappreciated musician alive, etc.)

Honestly I would challenge anyone here to play his parts as cleanly or as consistently as he does. Being a guitarist myself, I know a lot of what he plays isn't exactly child's play even if it's not just mind-blowingly technical either.

I can think of plenty of highly technical guitarists who are completely boring.
Could you give me an example of, where he displays his “master degree” in rhythm guitar?

I’m actually just curious. Are you talking about inventing them or playing them? Because they don’t seem that complex to me, though I can see the skill that it takes to create them.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote