View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:26 AM   #66
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

This was my 4th TOOL show, and I think the first thing I noticed was that Maynard really wasn't too into it at all, he seemed to be skipping certain parts of songs or just kind of mumbling his way through parts that required him to really belt it out. I think it's fair enough really, some nights you feel it and others you don't. the set list was great, but the croud were really young and very annoying. Poeple holding Mobile Phones up during the set and blocking the view were terribly annoying, and the MORON who decided to scale the Music Bowl really interupted 10,000 days, a song which when played live really does require the croud to chill out and enjoy the piece as though you are watching a film, this was enhanced as the stage seemed to be shrouded in dry ice and dark projections. I must admit at being a little shocked at how distracted people were by something like that. Anywho, that was my little whinge, all in all I would say it was a good show but not great, and I think they have really improved the whole projection thing as well, and it will be good to see them again in nov/dec.
OFFLINE |