View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 09:02 PM   #53
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooltay View Post
Another note......why is everyone complaining about not being able to see??? If you were in general admission at a venue like Rod Laver or Festival Hall, you can't see anyway! I was in general at Festival and I could hardly see though the 6-foot-everything guys around me! Being 5'9", I generally have issues seeing the band at gigs - it's the experience. It's feeling the bass, the drums, the guitar and the vocals when you are at a gig!
You can see FAR more in GA at Rod Laver if the GA goes right to the front like it has before. If the stage is higher than you you can't not see once you get within a reasonable distance from the stage.

SMMB was unique in that even tall people could often see NOTHING AT ALL. I went to some sort of festival there maybe 8 years ago (can't remember what the hell it was) and it worked great because the GA area went right to the front of the stage - ie/ the bulk of the ppl in GA were looking UP at the stage - but if you're trying to look down at a stage that is lower than the ppl at the front like it was on the hill there's literally no chance.
OFFLINE |