View Single Post
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
09-23-2006, 04:49 PM

i can't find much importance in relating anything from this song to the government, let alone bush - mostly 'cause it's not even there. where are you getting this stuff? they mention the "government" and you're all like "it's about bush, goddamnit!" WRONG! so, how does it feel? i even heard it on my local radio station after a fan (who requested it) asked the ass if it was "really about marijuana?" the response was "no, hey, if you get behind some of those lyrics, you'll find that maynard's actually singing about the bush administration in this one". i'm now thinking that the guy actually knew what i do about this song and tried to down-play it to the masses.

(yeah, i am an ass - but you're still off if you think this way
...i just thought someone should tell you.)

no, actually... i believe in open-interpretation, but there are actual hints and evidence to lean t'wards one way rather than this one. no one should have to spell it out for ya ...tool fans.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 09-23-2006 at 04:56 PM..
Old 09-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: Simple "The Pot" Translation

i can't find much importance in relating anything from this song to the government, let alone bush - mostly 'cause it's not even there. where are you getting this stuff? they mention the "government" and you're all like "it's about bush, goddamnit!" WRONG! so, how does it feel? i even heard it on my local radio station after a fan (who requested it) asked the ass if it was "really about marijuana?" the response was "no, hey, if you get behind some of those lyrics, you'll find that maynard's actually singing about the bush administration in this one". i'm now thinking that the guy actually knew what i do about this song and tried to down-play it to the masses.

(yeah, i am an ass - but you're still off if you think this way
...i just thought someone should tell you.)

no, actually... i believe in open-interpretation, but there are actual hints and evidence to lean t'wards one way rather than this one. no one should have to spell it out for ya ...tool fans.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 09-23-2006 at 04:56 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote