View Single Post
preciousbookwhore
09-21-2006, 09:01 AM

I think the drug referrence is valid as well as the Bush part.

Along the lines of the Bush part is the line "You must've been so high." Absolute power corrupts absolutely, this goes hand in hand with Bush's "tactics" in his past term (phone taps, secret jails, etc.). Power is the most illusive and tangible high.

This song could also be twisted to refer to the "war on drugs". Many have argued that it's not a war on drugs so much as a war on personal freedom.

Liar, lawyer - mirror, show me what's the difference? This could be a jab at home corrupt and ineffective our judicial system has become due to money speaking louder than innocence. And as such reflects society.

That's all I really have time for right now, I might do more later.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:01 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Simple "The Pot" Translation

I think the drug referrence is valid as well as the Bush part.

Along the lines of the Bush part is the line "You must've been so high." Absolute power corrupts absolutely, this goes hand in hand with Bush's "tactics" in his past term (phone taps, secret jails, etc.). Power is the most illusive and tangible high.

This song could also be twisted to refer to the "war on drugs". Many have argued that it's not a war on drugs so much as a war on personal freedom.

Liar, lawyer - mirror, show me what's the difference? This could be a jab at home corrupt and ineffective our judicial system has become due to money speaking louder than innocence. And as such reflects society.

That's all I really have time for right now, I might do more later.