View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 AM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 18
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Got to Chicago from Madison at like 8:10PM, could care less about iris, oasis, isis or whatever and I figure I could drink some beers and smoke a joint before 9:00PM around when I expected them to go on. So I drink and smoke and I'm feeling good, I get in and the show is about to start. So I go to piss and try to score some H2O because I got some serious cotton mouth. But while I'm on line I hear the crowd go nuts and STINKFIST starts to play. So I run to my seat (115 E 12) but some one is already there and not listening to my dumb ass, so I ditch plan A and implement plan B get to the floor. So I jump the bars at the end of the stairs and get to the first three rows (116 AA,BB,CC) before the floor and I stand in seat one (aisle seat) waiting for a shot to jump in. I figured I'll wait until the person in that seat got there or go after someone else goes and see if I have a shot but it was more like two or three had to go for me to go unnoticed. So I waited nervously which took away a little from the show for me, I mean, if they caught you they kicked you out, so I was a little scared. So I basically saw like 15-20 attempts all different guys and girls, some tried to play it off some ran, only one curly haired dude with glasses made it, he waited after his two friends went before him during Vicarious, but when I went to go after him it was too late. But the guy with that ailse seat 116 BB never came, thanks dude. It was a better seat than the one I came in with.
Otherwise, Overall Good Show, I liked the laser lights. I hope tomorrow they play a different setlist in Madison, although it looks like its just going to be the same. At least the last few shows have a had the same songs:

9/18-Chicago

STINKFIST
JAMBI
46&2
(good pizza)
THE POT
SCHISM
LOST KEYS/
ROSETTA STONED
WINGS FOR MARIE/
10,000 DAYS
LATERALUS
(good bye?)
VICARIOUS
(he yelled something before this too. cant remember)
ÆNEMA
(peace out!)

I want to hear opiate or right in two, the only songs I have not heard on this tour.
I was in the bathroom rolling a joint when they played right in two at the last tool show I went to on May 19th in NYC. Although this show was way better, even if Maynard said he was sick, he still sounded fucking great! Two days, two shows, I wish I could just follow em' around and see every show. But I can't so I'll see you fuckers tomorrow! One last time.
UPDATE NEXT DAY:
I woke up today with the worst news ever. No Tool show! What the fuck? I don't believe that anyone is ill, I heard that the concert tickets just didn't sell and that it was far from sold out. This town sucks! Madison should be fucking fire bombed for this lack of respect for one of the best bands of all time. I think that if the venue had sold out that there would have been a different outcome. But now that will just be speculation, but I must say I wish I had known. I would have treated it (last night) more sacred then I did. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show, but throughout I also enjoyed this feeling like, I know I get to see this all over again tomorrow, which I could'nt stop thinking, which took away a little from the experience. Oh well, what to do, what to do......I feel like killing a baby..............
"just kidding"

"think for yourself, question authority"

Last edited by somniferousalmondeye; 09-19-2006 at 02:13 PM..
OFFLINE |