View Single Post
A groan's Avatar A groan
05-20-2006, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myky
I'm aware what you are saying about the massive evolution from album to album and it is correct that it has been more striking in the past. But this album is an important piece in the tool puzzle as well. This is a record designed to get things out of maynards system. Issues he wants to resolve, ie with his mother. There has been no room for spiritual or major lifestyle or viewpoint changes as maynard has been dealing with some serious emotional issues. This record is Maynard dealing with his own problems, hopefully clearing the air for the massive evolution to the next record. 10,000 days is important
I dont think there is really a next step..whats left?

Now he has gotten out his mothers death and rehashed the theme from Stinkfist..did a Stoner song Like Third Eye (yet Third Eye had a meaning deeper then a funny story)..a knocked out a very eMotive Tool Song with Right in Two..

but whats left? Songs about Devo going to College? Songs about his wine? What ever political atrocity happens in the next few years? Will a sibling die??

Theres no weres left for Tool to go..they all have grown up..become mega stars..found there selfs spiritualy..songs are rehashed..lyrics are mediocre and lack metaphor..
Now all we can rely on is current events..
Old 05-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 57
Re: Unpredictable Tool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myky
I'm aware what you are saying about the massive evolution from album to album and it is correct that it has been more striking in the past. But this album is an important piece in the tool puzzle as well. This is a record designed to get things out of maynards system. Issues he wants to resolve, ie with his mother. There has been no room for spiritual or major lifestyle or viewpoint changes as maynard has been dealing with some serious emotional issues. This record is Maynard dealing with his own problems, hopefully clearing the air for the massive evolution to the next record. 10,000 days is important
I dont think there is really a next step..whats left?

Now he has gotten out his mothers death and rehashed the theme from Stinkfist..did a Stoner song Like Third Eye (yet Third Eye had a meaning deeper then a funny story)..a knocked out a very eMotive Tool Song with Right in Two..

but whats left? Songs about Devo going to College? Songs about his wine? What ever political atrocity happens in the next few years? Will a sibling die??

Theres no weres left for Tool to go..they all have grown up..become mega stars..found there selfs spiritualy..songs are rehashed..lyrics are mediocre and lack metaphor..
Now all we can rely on is current events..