View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
01-22-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
I've definitely seen some great shows there and they filmed the last couple of Lateralus shows at that arena iirc
Yup. I know most of the venues they play are basketball arenas, but Viejas is an old college ball haunt, mostly made of concrete with some creaky folding chairs on the floor and benches up top. Not exactly state of the art, like Chase Center. It's just remarkable how great their shows in Viejas have been over the years. The sound was crystal clear, Maynard sounded great (that scream in The Grudge!), and Adam/Justin/Danny played close to a flawless set. And the setlist itself was perfect. Still blown away.

Oh, and I'll add that I do like the way Viejas' concessions are all outdoors. And getting in/out of the place is a snap. Always have a great time there.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:01 AM   #7481
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
I've definitely seen some great shows there and they filmed the last couple of Lateralus shows at that arena iirc
Yup. I know most of the venues they play are basketball arenas, but Viejas is an old college ball haunt, mostly made of concrete with some creaky folding chairs on the floor and benches up top. Not exactly state of the art, like Chase Center. It's just remarkable how great their shows in Viejas have been over the years. The sound was crystal clear, Maynard sounded great (that scream in The Grudge!), and Adam/Justin/Danny played close to a flawless set. And the setlist itself was perfect. Still blown away.

Oh, and I'll add that I do like the way Viejas' concessions are all outdoors. And getting in/out of the place is a snap. Always have a great time there.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote