View Single Post
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
03-16-2022, 10:16 AM

Thanks for the warm words everyone!
I can’t believe what an awesome tour this has been! A fantastic reason to rally my friends and build positive memories and experiences. Truly a saving grace and exactly what I needed this season.

Of the 5 shows I was able to catch, Salt Lake City and Chicago stood out.
SLC’s crowd energy was in the rafters and it seemed like the band reciprocated. You could feel it and it was a lot of fun.
Chicago’s setlist was my favorite and the band seemed very tight. Undertow was fucking killer to witness. Lots of experimental moments (loved the middle of sober) and I caught a number of new flare/embellishments that make me look forward to future releases.
As always, the audio/visual performance is next level. I intentionally saw the show from different vantage points (center-floor, side stage-balcony, lower bowl-right, club level left, center-rafters) and there really is no bad seat in the house. My preference: lower bowl even with the sound booth, 3 or 4 rows up. It’s a perfect view.
Again, there’s no bad seat in the house. Venue audio has come a long way, but the sonic power and clarity produced at a TOOL concert is unlike any other band. I have seen hundreds of concerts and the 18 TOOL shows I’ve seen stand in their own class.

“It’s like a psychedelic circus where the animals are animated monsters, the ringmaster is the audience, and we are the freak show.”
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 03-16-2022, 10:16 AM   #7562
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Thanks for the warm words everyone!
I can’t believe what an awesome tour this has been! A fantastic reason to rally my friends and build positive memories and experiences. Truly a saving grace and exactly what I needed this season.

Of the 5 shows I was able to catch, Salt Lake City and Chicago stood out.
SLC’s crowd energy was in the rafters and it seemed like the band reciprocated. You could feel it and it was a lot of fun.
Chicago’s setlist was my favorite and the band seemed very tight. Undertow was fucking killer to witness. Lots of experimental moments (loved the middle of sober) and I caught a number of new flare/embellishments that make me look forward to future releases.
As always, the audio/visual performance is next level. I intentionally saw the show from different vantage points (center-floor, side stage-balcony, lower bowl-right, club level left, center-rafters) and there really is no bad seat in the house. My preference: lower bowl even with the sound booth, 3 or 4 rows up. It’s a perfect view.
Again, there’s no bad seat in the house. Venue audio has come a long way, but the sonic power and clarity produced at a TOOL concert is unlike any other band. I have seen hundreds of concerts and the 18 TOOL shows I’ve seen stand in their own class.

“It’s like a psychedelic circus where the animals are animated monsters, the ringmaster is the audience, and we are the freak show.”
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote