View Single Post
rob82tx's Avatar rob82tx
07-26-2009, 07:00 AM

This was my fourth time seeing Tool. I scored a sweet seat in section 102 the day before the show on Ticketmaster (possibly by divine occurrence).

The Nokia is nestled in the middle of nowhere alongside a racetrack and a minor league ball park. Getting there One must navigate a series of red light cameras and upon arriving pay a parking attendant 15 dollars. I always ask them if a car wash is included with the fee.

A lot of people were tailgating but all I wanted to do was get out of the triple digit heat. I picked up my ticket at will-call and went through security. First thing I do is look at what is available at the merch booth. The shirts didn't impress me too much so the only thing I bought was the tour poster for the Nokia show. They are numbered and I got 350/350 (last one?).

I was aware of the set list on this tour but even that knowledge didn't dampen the night. The venue has a great sound system and it was LOUD. You could feel the sound of Danny's drums. Jambi is a great opener and then the (-) Ions lead-in to Stinkfist where MJK thanked us for "being Texans" was nice. I noticed after the extended part in Stinkfist they got out of sync just for a few moments but pulled it back together.

They must be Bob Dylan fans because just before intermission they all stand at attention in front of the stage receiving applause. Bob has been doing that for years at the end of his shows. That made me smile a bit.

They nailed Lateralus and then I attempted to record Vicarious on my iPhone sound recorder but apparently I didn't press record. Thought I did. Would have been nice because of Adam's rig malfunction. I really hope someone got video of that because it was so funny! MJK just looked at Adam for a few seconds then told Justin he will do the guitar part with his mouth. Classic moment!

Great show! They all seemed in good spirits (except for Adam during Vicarious haha). I am really glad I got to see Flood. This was the closest I have been at a Tool concert and this show ranks right behind the time I saw them at OzzFest '98 in St. Louis.

Dallas 09/14/06

Fort Worth 05/16/07

Grand Prairie 07/25/09
Old 07-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

This was my fourth time seeing Tool. I scored a sweet seat in section 102 the day before the show on Ticketmaster (possibly by divine occurrence).

The Nokia is nestled in the middle of nowhere alongside a racetrack and a minor league ball park. Getting there One must navigate a series of red light cameras and upon arriving pay a parking attendant 15 dollars. I always ask them if a car wash is included with the fee.

A lot of people were tailgating but all I wanted to do was get out of the triple digit heat. I picked up my ticket at will-call and went through security. First thing I do is look at what is available at the merch booth. The shirts didn't impress me too much so the only thing I bought was the tour poster for the Nokia show. They are numbered and I got 350/350 (last one?).

I was aware of the set list on this tour but even that knowledge didn't dampen the night. The venue has a great sound system and it was LOUD. You could feel the sound of Danny's drums. Jambi is a great opener and then the (-) Ions lead-in to Stinkfist where MJK thanked us for "being Texans" was nice. I noticed after the extended part in Stinkfist they got out of sync just for a few moments but pulled it back together.

They must be Bob Dylan fans because just before intermission they all stand at attention in front of the stage receiving applause. Bob has been doing that for years at the end of his shows. That made me smile a bit.

They nailed Lateralus and then I attempted to record Vicarious on my iPhone sound recorder but apparently I didn't press record. Thought I did. Would have been nice because of Adam's rig malfunction. I really hope someone got video of that because it was so funny! MJK just looked at Adam for a few seconds then told Justin he will do the guitar part with his mouth. Classic moment!

Great show! They all seemed in good spirits (except for Adam during Vicarious haha). I am really glad I got to see Flood. This was the closest I have been at a Tool concert and this show ranks right behind the time I saw them at OzzFest '98 in St. Louis.

Dallas 09/14/06

Fort Worth 05/16/07

Grand Prairie 07/25/09
OFFLINE |