View Single Post
ZOINKS22's Avatar ZOINKS22
07-15-2007, 04:35 PM

Big Business blew! The entire section I was in concurred that we would have much rather had NO opening act - maybe someone was owed a favor to get those yahoos on stage - although the drummer did ROCK, the group had NO energy.
As for Tool, the visuals were such that almost mandated getting stoned. I agree with the earlier post that some thought went into those of us in upper levels with the stage/screen. The music came through crisp but Maynard's voice was all but lost except on Vicarious - was very disappointed in this - especially given that Tool is one of the few bands these days whose lyrics give voice to something deeper. Would have liked to have heard something from Perfect Circle - Blue would have been perfect after Wings..... If Maynard had shined through a little more on the sound, this would have been the best concert I have been to. Although Tool still remains the preeminent band of all genres, last night left me feeling let-down - something I thought impossible going in.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/14 - Albany, NY - Times Forum Union

Big Business blew! The entire section I was in concurred that we would have much rather had NO opening act - maybe someone was owed a favor to get those yahoos on stage - although the drummer did ROCK, the group had NO energy.
As for Tool, the visuals were such that almost mandated getting stoned. I agree with the earlier post that some thought went into those of us in upper levels with the stage/screen. The music came through crisp but Maynard's voice was all but lost except on Vicarious - was very disappointed in this - especially given that Tool is one of the few bands these days whose lyrics give voice to something deeper. Would have liked to have heard something from Perfect Circle - Blue would have been perfect after Wings..... If Maynard had shined through a little more on the sound, this would have been the best concert I have been to. Although Tool still remains the preeminent band of all genres, last night left me feeling let-down - something I thought impossible going in.
OFFLINE |