View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30
A Song about Abortion

Pushit may indeed be a song about abortion. I will not step out and immediatly claim it is an anti-abortion song but here is my reasoning.

"Choke this infant here before me.
What is this but my reflection?
Who am I to judge and strike you down?"

This is the mother contemplating the abortion; should she do it and end the life of a child which is a reflection of her? She also wonders is the abortion justified or should she give birth to the child.

"Rest your trigger on my finger,
bang my head upon the fault line."

This is the mother further contemplating the abortion; she can end the childs life with a simple procedure or let it live and she obsesses over it and it mentally tortures her.

"Take care not to make me enter.
'cause if I do we both may disappear. "

This is the mother thinking of what life may be like with the child; the burden of raising a child may cost her all of her money and they both will wither away into poverty and eventually, possibly death.

"Saw that gap again today
As you were begging me to stay.
Managed to push myself away,
And you, as well."

This is the mother knowing that the child is a gap that is needed to be filled in her life. She tries to push the abortion and the child off of her mind.

"If, when I say I may fade like a sigh if I stay,
You minimize my movement anyway,"

The child may live a sad lonely life in a orphanange if she chooses to have it. The mother is worried she will be unable to get around with a bulging stomach.

"Staring down the hole again.
Hands upon my back again."

This is the mother thinking about the birth and the doctor staring down her vagina.

"Just remember I will always love you,
Even as I tear your fucking throat away.
But it will end no other way."

This is the mother making her final decision; to have the abortion. She tells her child she will always love it no matter how brutally she tears it out of her life and existence.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote