View Single Post
whoremoans's Avatar whoremoans
07-16-2010, 10:57 AM

My 7th TOOL show and I was'nt disappointed. My second show in San Diego at the cox/viejas arena and I never fail to get my ass lost trying to find that place. Being from Riverside I'm not exactly familiar with the layout of SD. I believe me and my buddy asked around nine different people for directions to the place before finally finding it this time. Even had a kind woman and her daughter offer to let us follow them there and I managed to lose them on the freeway..so yeah. Weather was odd in SD, hot and rainy with some lightning...guess TOOL was affecting the atmosphere.

Third Eye was sick. Loved The Patient and intolerance...patience and intolerance..nice coupling for the setlist. It was my buddys first live TOOL experience so watching him be ear fucked by the band was interesting for me...always makes the show more interesting having a first timer along with you..seeing their reaction and whatnot.

The crowd was pretty chill, no fights or conflicts that I saw anyway. I'm sure there probably were a few somewhere..beer always brings out the best in us. We had floor seats center stage so we got a really nice view of the new visuals..very cool stuff. Felt bad for Rajas...many people throwing the obligatory "fuck you!" and "you suck" their way..pretty tough opening for TOOL though. You gave a good effort guys. Liked the sound of some of their songs but barely caught any of the lyrics.

A very cute girl next to me offered me a hit of what smelled like some sweet bud. I had to decline because I was already getting my ass lost sober and had I hit that then tried to make the drive home I'd probably be in the middle of mexico right about now. So if your reading this "joint girl" it was'nt cause I thought you were dirty or anything. I'm not a germaphobe, just planning ahead. My buddy took a hit and would like to thank you for your generosity. Actually I find that at every TOOL show I've attended the fans are really down for looking out for one another. The guy next to me kept offering to buy me and my friend beers...at 7 bucks a pop that's pretty generous. Good people.

Managed to get ahold of a signed event poster for that night as well as one from the saskatchewan show. Liked a few of the new shirt designs, the california flag one inparticular. They could lower the prices for shirts though...a little high guys....your not making them from your body hair, its just cotton...be reasonable. Nice to see that the Adam art added posters have dropped to 400.00 instead of the 500.00 they were going for during the 10k days tour...still can't afford'em though. Fun to admire from afar none the less.

Going to Nokia on Sunday, wishing I had the foresight to get a ticket for the second show instead as they'll probably change-up the set list slighty for night two but...live TOOL is live TOOL I guess.

Last edited by whoremoans; 07-16-2010 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: misspelled Nokia...was in "special" classes when I was younger.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.15.2010 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena

My 7th TOOL show and I was'nt disappointed. My second show in San Diego at the cox/viejas arena and I never fail to get my ass lost trying to find that place. Being from Riverside I'm not exactly familiar with the layout of SD. I believe me and my buddy asked around nine different people for directions to the place before finally finding it this time. Even had a kind woman and her daughter offer to let us follow them there and I managed to lose them on the freeway..so yeah. Weather was odd in SD, hot and rainy with some lightning...guess TOOL was affecting the atmosphere.

Third Eye was sick. Loved The Patient and intolerance...patience and intolerance..nice coupling for the setlist. It was my buddys first live TOOL experience so watching him be ear fucked by the band was interesting for me...always makes the show more interesting having a first timer along with you..seeing their reaction and whatnot.

The crowd was pretty chill, no fights or conflicts that I saw anyway. I'm sure there probably were a few somewhere..beer always brings out the best in us. We had floor seats center stage so we got a really nice view of the new visuals..very cool stuff. Felt bad for Rajas...many people throwing the obligatory "fuck you!" and "you suck" their way..pretty tough opening for TOOL though. You gave a good effort guys. Liked the sound of some of their songs but barely caught any of the lyrics.

A very cute girl next to me offered me a hit of what smelled like some sweet bud. I had to decline because I was already getting my ass lost sober and had I hit that then tried to make the drive home I'd probably be in the middle of mexico right about now. So if your reading this "joint girl" it was'nt cause I thought you were dirty or anything. I'm not a germaphobe, just planning ahead. My buddy took a hit and would like to thank you for your generosity. Actually I find that at every TOOL show I've attended the fans are really down for looking out for one another. The guy next to me kept offering to buy me and my friend beers...at 7 bucks a pop that's pretty generous. Good people.

Managed to get ahold of a signed event poster for that night as well as one from the saskatchewan show. Liked a few of the new shirt designs, the california flag one inparticular. They could lower the prices for shirts though...a little high guys....your not making them from your body hair, its just cotton...be reasonable. Nice to see that the Adam art added posters have dropped to 400.00 instead of the 500.00 they were going for during the 10k days tour...still can't afford'em though. Fun to admire from afar none the less.

Going to Nokia on Sunday, wishing I had the foresight to get a ticket for the second show instead as they'll probably change-up the set list slighty for night two but...live TOOL is live TOOL I guess.

Last edited by whoremoans; 07-16-2010 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: misspelled Nokia...was in "special" classes when I was younger.
OFFLINE |