View Single Post
unlovbl
08-23-2009, 03:50 PM

A few corrections and observatios to what's already been posted...

-Maynard's line was ""In advance I want to apologize. I hurt my leg and any other pretentious lead singer SUCH AS MYSELF would have canceled the show..."

-There were no audio dropouts. The sound was fine about 50 feet in front of the lights/soundboard. The audio "dropouts" people were experiencing was the effect of the wind countering the waves coming out of the speakers. The wind was blowing towards the stage and canceling some of the sound... thus the perceived dropouts. Such is the price to pay when seeing a show this huge.

-I agree with the poster about Linkin Park's singer's side project. WTF was that all about?!?! I'm actually shocked that the rest of the band were willing to walk off stage so this side project thing could play. What a TERRIBLE decision. I was actually getting into their gig (not being a Linkin Park fan, myself) until that happened. I suspect that this will be brought up as a dumbass move on their part when they're in the midst of band feuding and threatening to break up in a few years.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.22.09 - Pomona, CA @ Epicenter Fest

A few corrections and observatios to what's already been posted...

-Maynard's line was ""In advance I want to apologize. I hurt my leg and any other pretentious lead singer SUCH AS MYSELF would have canceled the show..."

-There were no audio dropouts. The sound was fine about 50 feet in front of the lights/soundboard. The audio "dropouts" people were experiencing was the effect of the wind countering the waves coming out of the speakers. The wind was blowing towards the stage and canceling some of the sound... thus the perceived dropouts. Such is the price to pay when seeing a show this huge.

-I agree with the poster about Linkin Park's singer's side project. WTF was that all about?!?! I'm actually shocked that the rest of the band were willing to walk off stage so this side project thing could play. What a TERRIBLE decision. I was actually getting into their gig (not being a Linkin Park fan, myself) until that happened. I suspect that this will be brought up as a dumbass move on their part when they're in the midst of band feuding and threatening to break up in a few years.
OFFLINE |