View Single Post
dice5199
07-19-2007, 03:47 PM

This was my 3rd Tool concert with the previous shows being AC in June and Continental in October.

I agree with others that the venue left alot to be desired. I missed Big Business because I was stuck in the clusterfuck of traffic getting off the Parkway.

This show was on par with the others I've been to. I can't say which one was the best. The playing was solid and there were no noticeable gaffes.

Unfortunately, for someone who has been keeping abreast of the recent show setlists, there were no surprises. I listened to Justin on 92.3 FM before the show and he kinda got my hopes up with comments along the lines of "there will be a few surprises" and "we are going to try to make this show a memorable one."

I was seated in section 402. Many people in my section were pretty mellow. The sound was decent, but not very clear. I thought Vicarious sounded the best.

Flood was a highlight, mostly because that was the only song that I
didn't hear at the previous shows I went to. Some of the noodling in the prior segue led me to think that we were getting No Quarter.

Lateralus was memorable because of the drummers duel but more so because a few 'end of the tour' jokes came out here. Was Blair one of the silohette dancers? The hair and the body-type of one of the dancers led me to think this. The Big Business drummer had an out of control style, which was in contrast to Danny's technical, precise, good-postured mechanics.

Maynard was Maynard. He said a few things between songs, but I couldn't hear him that well. Does anyone know exactly what he said?

Being the last show of this leg, it must have been a bittersweet moment for band members and personnel alike. I was a little sad because you never know if they will play in this area again.

Thank you Tool for making this a summer to remember. Forgive my crankiness, as I had to wake up early for work this morning. I agree with suggestions by others that more setlist variation and a 'less is more' visual display should be given a try.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #37
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 13
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

This was my 3rd Tool concert with the previous shows being AC in June and Continental in October.

I agree with others that the venue left alot to be desired. I missed Big Business because I was stuck in the clusterfuck of traffic getting off the Parkway.

This show was on par with the others I've been to. I can't say which one was the best. The playing was solid and there were no noticeable gaffes.

Unfortunately, for someone who has been keeping abreast of the recent show setlists, there were no surprises. I listened to Justin on 92.3 FM before the show and he kinda got my hopes up with comments along the lines of "there will be a few surprises" and "we are going to try to make this show a memorable one."

I was seated in section 402. Many people in my section were pretty mellow. The sound was decent, but not very clear. I thought Vicarious sounded the best.

Flood was a highlight, mostly because that was the only song that I
didn't hear at the previous shows I went to. Some of the noodling in the prior segue led me to think that we were getting No Quarter.

Lateralus was memorable because of the drummers duel but more so because a few 'end of the tour' jokes came out here. Was Blair one of the silohette dancers? The hair and the body-type of one of the dancers led me to think this. The Big Business drummer had an out of control style, which was in contrast to Danny's technical, precise, good-postured mechanics.

Maynard was Maynard. He said a few things between songs, but I couldn't hear him that well. Does anyone know exactly what he said?

Being the last show of this leg, it must have been a bittersweet moment for band members and personnel alike. I was a little sad because you never know if they will play in this area again.

Thank you Tool for making this a summer to remember. Forgive my crankiness, as I had to wake up early for work this morning. I agree with suggestions by others that more setlist variation and a 'less is more' visual display should be given a try.