View Single Post
missmilly
07-19-2007, 06:58 AM

I will never go to PNC again... first of all, I got there around 6pm, but still had to park in a muddy field far from the entrance with no bathrooms nearby. My friend and I made our way over to the main parking lot with our beers in a cooler bag thinking the outdoor bathrooms would be open, but instead there were signs on the doors saying that the bathrooms would be closed for cleaning 2 hours before the show. So, should we wait in the muddy mile-long line and go in to the venue just to pee? No... we ended up in the woods with about 50 other people with the same dilemma. I have no problem with the woods, but really... what kind of venue doesn't have at least one toilet outside of the concert open before the show? More people in my party showed up a bit later with handicapped plates, but get this, they were out of handicapped spaces! It that legal? Can we sue PNC? There were plenty of VIP spaces--they should have let them park there. Don't even get me started on the wristbands. I didn't even bother trying to drink once I got inside. And why was that line to get in moving so slow? I didn't even get patted down at the entrance! I have never seen so many pigs in one place. In fact, I don't remember seeing any pigs at all at the last four Tool shows I saw (Philly, Camden, NYC, Meadowlands). If Tool wasn't the most incredible band in the world, I would not have attempted to put up with PNC.

As for the show--amazing as usual. Once I saw Maynard, I forgot about how frustrated I was with PNC. (Other than having to shut a few people up in my section who were booing and shouting things like, "play something good you bastard." If you're not a Tool fan, don't come to the show, and if you don't like one of the songs, sit down and shut up.)

I only wish that there were a few more shows. I'd pay a broker $300 to see Tool again (under better circumstances).
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

I will never go to PNC again... first of all, I got there around 6pm, but still had to park in a muddy field far from the entrance with no bathrooms nearby. My friend and I made our way over to the main parking lot with our beers in a cooler bag thinking the outdoor bathrooms would be open, but instead there were signs on the doors saying that the bathrooms would be closed for cleaning 2 hours before the show. So, should we wait in the muddy mile-long line and go in to the venue just to pee? No... we ended up in the woods with about 50 other people with the same dilemma. I have no problem with the woods, but really... what kind of venue doesn't have at least one toilet outside of the concert open before the show? More people in my party showed up a bit later with handicapped plates, but get this, they were out of handicapped spaces! It that legal? Can we sue PNC? There were plenty of VIP spaces--they should have let them park there. Don't even get me started on the wristbands. I didn't even bother trying to drink once I got inside. And why was that line to get in moving so slow? I didn't even get patted down at the entrance! I have never seen so many pigs in one place. In fact, I don't remember seeing any pigs at all at the last four Tool shows I saw (Philly, Camden, NYC, Meadowlands). If Tool wasn't the most incredible band in the world, I would not have attempted to put up with PNC.

As for the show--amazing as usual. Once I saw Maynard, I forgot about how frustrated I was with PNC. (Other than having to shut a few people up in my section who were booing and shouting things like, "play something good you bastard." If you're not a Tool fan, don't come to the show, and if you don't like one of the songs, sit down and shut up.)

I only wish that there were a few more shows. I'd pay a broker $300 to see Tool again (under better circumstances).
OFFLINE |