Stinkfist (Ext.)
46 & 2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)
Lateralus (Ext. w/ Cody of Big Business)
Vicarious

I believe thats the setlist but please correct me if I'm wrong.
I traveled a far distance to see this last show of the US tour. No, I'm not spoiled that I can fly all the way from Texas to see Tool in New Jersey, I was just lucky. It just so happened to be great timing as I had this trip planned far before I even knew Tool was playing just 5 miles away from my family's home town.

Big Buisness was the shit. They played a great set and in the middle of it, I assume two members from tool came on and poured popcorn all over them, they were dressed in a skeleton costume with masks so who knows who they were.... I didn't expect everyone one to enjoy their music even after hearing them for the first time, but I was disappointed with all the boos. It seemed as if I and a few other people were the only ones clapping and whistling.

The set list was the standard 10k days setlist, but instead of Right In Two, they played Flood which I was happy to hear. I wasn't expecting anything special even if this was the last show of the US tour. I would have loved to hear Pushit but you can't always get what ya want! The fact that I heard just ONE undertow song made me happy. The band was in good spirits being the last show before they go across the pond. Maynard faced the crowd the whole time, even tho I did see a couple of flashes go off.

Lateralus was the highlight of the night for me, the drum off between big buisness's drummer and danny was fantastic. the sombreros they had on were funny too. maynard came out with a big fan and blew toilet paper all over them afterwards he sat on his platform and read a book. I also found it funny that Justin had a stage tech come out and pour him a bunch of beers during that drum off. anyone count how many he slammed down?

As I checked out the merch both, I noticed a poster that I didn't see at any of the other shows I saw in Texas. It was a small poster with all the members autographs and some small drawings. Price: $300. I laughed pretty loud, enough to get attention from the merch peoples working there haha. I'm thankful that I was one of the lucky ones to get the signed lateralus LP for much less.

Over all, I really enoyed the PNC center even tho there were state troopers all over that place looking for minors drinking and the 3 beer a person limit. The staff there was a joke tho... It almost seemed as if everyone who was checking tickets was still in High School. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you wanted to sneak in a huge camera and a tripod it wasn't too hard. I had not one flashlight from security shined in my eyes which was a nice change.

It was definitely a new experience for me seeing a show in the northeast, the people are so different from what I'm used to in Texas. I met a lot of nice people, but I saw even more douche bags. I almost got caught up in the middle of a fight between people arguing about the Jets and the Giants in the line to use the bathroom... hah! and I thought Texas and OU rivalry was bad.

Sound was great, vocals could have been a bit louder, it was very hard to hear Maynard speak between songs in my section (201) he called us crazy bastards towards the end of the show and told us to put our clothes back on. at least he was serious about the drunk driving part of his speech.

I'm never let down with a Tool show. They didn't change the setlist much, but this 10k days tour was solid to say the least. I can't wait for them to come around again, even if its about 4 or 5 years in between. Its well worth the wait.

Last edited by Khadgar346; 07-19-2007 at 08:25 AM..
Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 12
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ext.)
46 & 2
Schism (Ext.)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)
Lateralus (Ext. w/ Cody of Big Business)
Vicarious

I believe thats the setlist but please correct me if I'm wrong.
I traveled a far distance to see this last show of the US tour. No, I'm not spoiled that I can fly all the way from Texas to see Tool in New Jersey, I was just lucky. It just so happened to be great timing as I had this trip planned far before I even knew Tool was playing just 5 miles away from my family's home town.

Big Buisness was the shit. They played a great set and in the middle of it, I assume two members from tool came on and poured popcorn all over them, they were dressed in a skeleton costume with masks so who knows who they were.... I didn't expect everyone one to enjoy their music even after hearing them for the first time, but I was disappointed with all the boos. It seemed as if I and a few other people were the only ones clapping and whistling.

The set list was the standard 10k days setlist, but instead of Right In Two, they played Flood which I was happy to hear. I wasn't expecting anything special even if this was the last show of the US tour. I would have loved to hear Pushit but you can't always get what ya want! The fact that I heard just ONE undertow song made me happy. The band was in good spirits being the last show before they go across the pond. Maynard faced the crowd the whole time, even tho I did see a couple of flashes go off.

Lateralus was the highlight of the night for me, the drum off between big buisness's drummer and danny was fantastic. the sombreros they had on were funny too. maynard came out with a big fan and blew toilet paper all over them afterwards he sat on his platform and read a book. I also found it funny that Justin had a stage tech come out and pour him a bunch of beers during that drum off. anyone count how many he slammed down?

As I checked out the merch both, I noticed a poster that I didn't see at any of the other shows I saw in Texas. It was a small poster with all the members autographs and some small drawings. Price: $300. I laughed pretty loud, enough to get attention from the merch peoples working there haha. I'm thankful that I was one of the lucky ones to get the signed lateralus LP for much less.

Over all, I really enoyed the PNC center even tho there were state troopers all over that place looking for minors drinking and the 3 beer a person limit. The staff there was a joke tho... It almost seemed as if everyone who was checking tickets was still in High School. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you wanted to sneak in a huge camera and a tripod it wasn't too hard. I had not one flashlight from security shined in my eyes which was a nice change.

It was definitely a new experience for me seeing a show in the northeast, the people are so different from what I'm used to in Texas. I met a lot of nice people, but I saw even more douche bags. I almost got caught up in the middle of a fight between people arguing about the Jets and the Giants in the line to use the bathroom... hah! and I thought Texas and OU rivalry was bad.

Sound was great, vocals could have been a bit louder, it was very hard to hear Maynard speak between songs in my section (201) he called us crazy bastards towards the end of the show and told us to put our clothes back on. at least he was serious about the drunk driving part of his speech.

I'm never let down with a Tool show. They didn't change the setlist much, but this 10k days tour was solid to say the least. I can't wait for them to come around again, even if its about 4 or 5 years in between. Its well worth the wait.

Last edited by Khadgar346; 07-19-2007 at 08:25 AM..
OFFLINE |