View Single Post
Steelcity
06-25-2007, 04:21 AM

This was my first time seeing Tool live and it was easily one of the best concerts I have been to but it was no where near perfect. We arrived to hear the opening band Big Business had already started so we immediately headed for the beer section and hung out there untill the band announced their last song of the night. I cant remember a thing about their music. The band consists of 2 members. A drummer and guitar/bass/singer. Forgettable. We fought through the crowd and made it to the second/third row from the stage. Im 6'6" and people probably hate me right now. Copps is TIGHT with security. The ones in front of the stage were constantly grabbing at camera phones and a girl on the rail had her memory card confiscated from her digital camera. Yet they did nothing to the people smoking joints throughout the entire show right in front of security. Note to self * Next time bring something to smoke.

So after reading the above comments I can answer a few of the questions people have. First of all if you are sitting in seats dont expect people to be jumping all over the place. This is Copps - Its designed for hockey games. When going to a concert you should buy floor tickets. I wont even bother going to a concert if I cant be down on the floor. Being 10 feet from Adam and Justin the whole show while directly in front of the drums was awesome. Danny broke one of his cymbals and during the "break" he was icing his right arm. The crowd on the floor was going apeshit. Everyone around me was singing the songs word for word, the mosh pit was constant and everyone was completely soaked with sweat. The energy was unreal...yet I look up at the stands and can count on one hand the people up and dancing. If you want to sit at a concert go see Elton John.

Water was $3.00 What a scam. Warm water at that. Being in the soupy crowd really takes a lot out of you and I saw a couple girls pulled over the rail who were completely passed out. Also this is very important:

***CROWD SURFERS ARE THE BIGGEST DOUCHE BAGS***

Thanks for kicking me in the head. These ones were smart and had tightly tied shoelaces so I couldnt rip their shoes off but I know a couple of those "tools" are waking up with some nice bruises this morning. No one likes you. Everyone under you is only pushing you along because they dont want you on their heads. WHEN SIGNS ARE POSTED SAYING NO CROWD SURFING WHY NOT KICK THEM OUT??? WHEN THE SAME GIRL GOES OVER AND OVER AGAIN BOOT HER ASS OUT.

The sound was amazing for the drums and bass. You could hear every note Justin played and I was in awe watching him play just a few feet in front of me. The guitar on the other hand was too high and was distorted quite a bit. The vocals for the most part were pretty low from where I was but they almost always are low when you are right in front of the stage.

The lightshow during Lateralus was amazing. The entire front of the stage looked like it was behind a pyramid wall of green lasers. The crowd reaction was the biggest of the night after this song.

Now for my only complaint. I have never been to a Tool show before but I go to 2 or 3 concerts a month whether small clubs or big arenas and I have witnessed some spectacular performances. The problem with Tool is that Maynard flat out sucks as an entertainer. He only ever left the drum riser to wander off backstage. The mic never left the stand. His back was turned to the crowd for the first 2 songs entirely. He only talked a few times and his "special treat" was a lame yodle. *yawn* Still, as I started off saying this was one of the best concerts I have been to by far.

For anyone reading this who is going to the July 9 show LEAVE YOUR CAMERAS AT HOME but dont forget to bring some smoke.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:21 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/24 - Hamilton, Ontario - Copps Coliseum

This was my first time seeing Tool live and it was easily one of the best concerts I have been to but it was no where near perfect. We arrived to hear the opening band Big Business had already started so we immediately headed for the beer section and hung out there untill the band announced their last song of the night. I cant remember a thing about their music. The band consists of 2 members. A drummer and guitar/bass/singer. Forgettable. We fought through the crowd and made it to the second/third row from the stage. Im 6'6" and people probably hate me right now. Copps is TIGHT with security. The ones in front of the stage were constantly grabbing at camera phones and a girl on the rail had her memory card confiscated from her digital camera. Yet they did nothing to the people smoking joints throughout the entire show right in front of security. Note to self * Next time bring something to smoke.

So after reading the above comments I can answer a few of the questions people have. First of all if you are sitting in seats dont expect people to be jumping all over the place. This is Copps - Its designed for hockey games. When going to a concert you should buy floor tickets. I wont even bother going to a concert if I cant be down on the floor. Being 10 feet from Adam and Justin the whole show while directly in front of the drums was awesome. Danny broke one of his cymbals and during the "break" he was icing his right arm. The crowd on the floor was going apeshit. Everyone around me was singing the songs word for word, the mosh pit was constant and everyone was completely soaked with sweat. The energy was unreal...yet I look up at the stands and can count on one hand the people up and dancing. If you want to sit at a concert go see Elton John.

Water was $3.00 What a scam. Warm water at that. Being in the soupy crowd really takes a lot out of you and I saw a couple girls pulled over the rail who were completely passed out. Also this is very important:

***CROWD SURFERS ARE THE BIGGEST DOUCHE BAGS***

Thanks for kicking me in the head. These ones were smart and had tightly tied shoelaces so I couldnt rip their shoes off but I know a couple of those "tools" are waking up with some nice bruises this morning. No one likes you. Everyone under you is only pushing you along because they dont want you on their heads. WHEN SIGNS ARE POSTED SAYING NO CROWD SURFING WHY NOT KICK THEM OUT??? WHEN THE SAME GIRL GOES OVER AND OVER AGAIN BOOT HER ASS OUT.

The sound was amazing for the drums and bass. You could hear every note Justin played and I was in awe watching him play just a few feet in front of me. The guitar on the other hand was too high and was distorted quite a bit. The vocals for the most part were pretty low from where I was but they almost always are low when you are right in front of the stage.

The lightshow during Lateralus was amazing. The entire front of the stage looked like it was behind a pyramid wall of green lasers. The crowd reaction was the biggest of the night after this song.

Now for my only complaint. I have never been to a Tool show before but I go to 2 or 3 concerts a month whether small clubs or big arenas and I have witnessed some spectacular performances. The problem with Tool is that Maynard flat out sucks as an entertainer. He only ever left the drum riser to wander off backstage. The mic never left the stand. His back was turned to the crowd for the first 2 songs entirely. He only talked a few times and his "special treat" was a lame yodle. *yawn* Still, as I started off saying this was one of the best concerts I have been to by far.

For anyone reading this who is going to the July 9 show LEAVE YOUR CAMERAS AT HOME but dont forget to bring some smoke.
OFFLINE |