View Single Post
tool6913ca
06-24-2007, 09:48 PM

My sixth time seeing them, but my first time since November 2001... The acoustics in Copps are ass, Maynard's voice was buried under all the distortion. I couldn't even hear him when he sang "Holy fuckin' shit" on Lost Keys, and that was one of the moments I was most looking forward to. AMAZING light show... we've all seen laser shows before, but Tool has really integrated them into their music like no other band I've seen. I was a little disappointed that they didn't play "Flood" (nothing off of Undertow or Opiate at all) but all in all, a much better performance than their show at the ACC in November 2001. Danny was a total machine on the skins, I was in awe. Dude is at the top of the game. It was sorta weird, every song was slowed down a bit... about a quarter of a beat slower or something. It worked for some songs... the riff in "Jambi" was fatter than Rosie O'Donnell's labia. But on other songs, it sounded like maybe Maynard was getting thrown off a bit. A solid show, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/24 - Hamilton, Ontario - Copps Coliseum

My sixth time seeing them, but my first time since November 2001... The acoustics in Copps are ass, Maynard's voice was buried under all the distortion. I couldn't even hear him when he sang "Holy fuckin' shit" on Lost Keys, and that was one of the moments I was most looking forward to. AMAZING light show... we've all seen laser shows before, but Tool has really integrated them into their music like no other band I've seen. I was a little disappointed that they didn't play "Flood" (nothing off of Undertow or Opiate at all) but all in all, a much better performance than their show at the ACC in November 2001. Danny was a total machine on the skins, I was in awe. Dude is at the top of the game. It was sorta weird, every song was slowed down a bit... about a quarter of a beat slower or something. It worked for some songs... the riff in "Jambi" was fatter than Rosie O'Donnell's labia. But on other songs, it sounded like maybe Maynard was getting thrown off a bit. A solid show, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.
OFFLINE |