View Single Post
mikecamer
06-21-2007, 06:37 AM

Last night's show was completely full of fucktards with no respect for the band, or anyone actually trying to enjoy the show. There was some piece of shit next to me actually trying to carry on a cellphone conversation during the show. fucking seriously. Evidently the high ticket prices arent enough to make people try to get the most out of a show. A tool show is one of those experiences where you can totally get lost in the music, unless you were standing on the floor where I was. Some drunk assholes were next to me.. during Wings Pt.1 and were whistling and his girlfriend was screaming... I just turned to him and said "yeah, we got it" and he says... "somebody's gotta be loud in this motherfucker" to which I reply.. "maybe there's a reason you're the only one whistling you fucking moron!" .. He was quiet after that.

I think part of the problem with the crowd in peoria... is that there just arent enough big shows coming through town. We get one decent show like every 18 months or so. I'm tired of driving to Chicago to see a decent concert, and having Tool in peoria was convenient.. but if the crowd is going to behave like that, looks like i'm puttin money in my gas tank and driving.

It wasnt all bad, at least we didnt have to put up with scurvy pekin-ites showing their trailer park titties before the show. Kudos to the civic center for not having the plywood on the ice scenario that has been disastrous in the past. This area is full of idiots.. i should move.

Sorry for bitching so much.. The show was pretty good. In to it or not, the band was so incredibly tight, unbelievable musicianship.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:37 AM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/20 - Peoria, IL - Peoria Civic Center

Last night's show was completely full of fucktards with no respect for the band, or anyone actually trying to enjoy the show. There was some piece of shit next to me actually trying to carry on a cellphone conversation during the show. fucking seriously. Evidently the high ticket prices arent enough to make people try to get the most out of a show. A tool show is one of those experiences where you can totally get lost in the music, unless you were standing on the floor where I was. Some drunk assholes were next to me.. during Wings Pt.1 and were whistling and his girlfriend was screaming... I just turned to him and said "yeah, we got it" and he says... "somebody's gotta be loud in this motherfucker" to which I reply.. "maybe there's a reason you're the only one whistling you fucking moron!" .. He was quiet after that.

I think part of the problem with the crowd in peoria... is that there just arent enough big shows coming through town. We get one decent show like every 18 months or so. I'm tired of driving to Chicago to see a decent concert, and having Tool in peoria was convenient.. but if the crowd is going to behave like that, looks like i'm puttin money in my gas tank and driving.

It wasnt all bad, at least we didnt have to put up with scurvy pekin-ites showing their trailer park titties before the show. Kudos to the civic center for not having the plywood on the ice scenario that has been disastrous in the past. This area is full of idiots.. i should move.

Sorry for bitching so much.. The show was pretty good. In to it or not, the band was so incredibly tight, unbelievable musicianship.
OFFLINE |